Jason Issacs Talks Again on the End of Harry Potter

Isaacs
September 07, 2009, 07:14 PM

In another interview echoing almost the same sentiments we heard a few weeks ago made on BBC Radio, actor Jason Isaacs has given another interview where he reflects on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and his role as the dastardly Lucius Malfoy. Regarding the nasty turn of events for Lucius in the final films, Jason says:
"One of the lovely things about these two films is Lucius has gone from the most evil man in the series to being utterly humiliated and emasculated by Lord Voldemort," he said "He's reduced to little more than the man who rushes around with a dishcloth clearing up the spills. It's nice to have that kind of journey as a character and see him get the comeuppance he so richly deserves."

Jason Isaacs also laments the end of the series and says while he is not scheduled to finish filming on Deathly Hallows until next year in April, he says of the end: "I find it unbearable, I'm absolutely dreading it - I'm such a sentimental old fool that even though I don't finish shooting until April, I already feel like they're playing Leaving On A Jet Plane in my ear."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Isaacs News

Thistletopiary_thumb

Gotta love Mr. Isaacs and how much he adores [and maybe even READS *cough*Gambon*cough*] the stories, and his character in particular. Like many, I’m both anxious for the DH movies, and dreading them, because they will be THE END!

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on September 08, 2009, 12:16 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

So Cool!

Hpv16_thumb

Aww, he is so awesome. It’s a pleasure to watch him everytime he comes on screen.

Now I’ve got that song stuck in my head, lol. :)

Posted by Mrs.Brisby on September 08, 2009, 04:43 PM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

he really likes HP and is really open about telling TLC about it

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on September 08, 2009, 05:07 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Awwwe!! I love Jason! He always seems to love his work he does for any film…. I especially think he loves to play Lucius and so do I! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 08, 2009, 05:44 PM report to moderator
Dh__flight_of_hedwig_by_clouded_ambition_thumb

I love when the actors are so enthusiastic about the roles they play. Kudos to Jason Isaacs!

Posted by dcsbelle [WBM] OOM3, CW on September 09, 2009, 09:37 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

That was really moving. SQuee!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on September 09, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator
612_thumb

Aww he is sooo sweet! :) We are dreading the end too ;_;

Posted by MiliMalfoy [FTC!] on September 09, 2009, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Rat_ava_2_thumb

I love Jason Isaacs. He’s such a genuine HP fan =D

Posted by axlgirl [FTC!] on September 09, 2009, 01:05 PM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

I love Jason for is love and attachment to the films. I think that is why he plays Lucius so well. His sadness makes me tear up. Oh!!!!! what are we going to do when there are no more films left. Sad, sad, sad,.

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on September 09, 2009, 08:52 PM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on September 09, 2009, 08:53 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I love that Jason loves playing Lucius!!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on September 10, 2009, 12:18 AM report to moderator
Salazar_slytherin_by_undeadbovine_thumb

I like the way Mr Isaacs talks about Lucius.. but still his impersonation of Lucius is so.. noble and haughty that I’m dreading the moment when I’ll see him reduced to a grovelling sad and broken man ;/ the same feeling I have for Nagini-murdering-Snape scene.. I might even not watch it, just sort of skip the moment, it’d be too painful ;/

Posted by lady_anne on September 10, 2009, 07:18 AM report to moderator

I think that of the many actors in the HP films, Jason was one of the few that really captured the character envisioned in the books. I have always been very pleased with his portrayal of Lucius Malfoy

Posted by Avada_Kedavra31 on September 11, 2009, 08:15 AM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahahahaha

Posted by wing on September 11, 2009, 08:39 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Longbottom, if brains were gold you'd be poorer than Weasley, and that's saying something."