Jason Issacs Talks Again on the End of Harry Potter

Isaacs
September 07, 2009, 07:14 PM

In another interview echoing almost the same sentiments we heard a few weeks ago made on BBC Radio, actor Jason Isaacs has given another interview where he reflects on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and his role as the dastardly Lucius Malfoy. Regarding the nasty turn of events for Lucius in the final films, Jason says:
"One of the lovely things about these two films is Lucius has gone from the most evil man in the series to being utterly humiliated and emasculated by Lord Voldemort," he said "He's reduced to little more than the man who rushes around with a dishcloth clearing up the spills. It's nice to have that kind of journey as a character and see him get the comeuppance he so richly deserves."

Jason Isaacs also laments the end of the series and says while he is not scheduled to finish filming on Deathly Hallows until next year in April, he says of the end: "I find it unbearable, I'm absolutely dreading it - I'm such a sentimental old fool that even though I don't finish shooting until April, I already feel like they're playing Leaving On A Jet Plane in my ear."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Isaacs News

Dl_10_thumb

ahh so cool!

Posted by GinnyPotter:) on September 07, 2009, 11:09 PM report to moderator

Did anyone else catch the “Armageddon” reference? Jason Isaacs played a NASA scientist in that movie, and the oil drillers/astronauts sang “Leaving On A Jet Plane” when they went to board the shuttles. Love LOVE Jason Isaacs in whatever role he plays! He is the PERFECT Lucius Malfoy.

And yes, I’m so sad about the end of the movies. What will I do then? Re-read the books for the trillionth time, I suppose. And re-watch the movies, of course!

Posted by jimmalou78 on September 08, 2009, 01:57 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I love his view on Lucius. I totally agree with him.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 08, 2009, 03:07 AM report to moderator
Untitled_thumb

I love how Jason Isaacs prides himself on being part of the Harry Potter films. You get the real sense that he doesnt just see it as a job.

Posted by TheGriff [ROAR!] on September 08, 2009, 03:12 AM report to moderator

He’s so cool. I love how he loves the series so much. That’s so great. I hope he gets to do lots of Lucius scenes in DH. I wish all the HP actors were as enthusiastic as him.

Posted by badger666 on September 08, 2009, 03:16 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

we’ll all be so sad when it’s over :( It’ll be the end of and era..

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on September 08, 2009, 03:43 AM report to moderator

Such a cool guy, and a perfect Lucius to boot. I think it’s safe to say that we’re all with you there, Jason—I’ve never cried in a HP movie before, but I have a feeling I might just lose it when DH Part II comes out. It’s hard to believe the end is near!

Posted by aj_ellybean on September 08, 2009, 04:56 AM report to moderator

cool

Posted by madman1277 on September 08, 2009, 08:22 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Jason is a great actor and his portrayal of Lucius is awesome. Glad to hear that the actors are really dreading the end of the movies.

Posted by beewell on September 08, 2009, 08:34 AM report to moderator
My_avatar_thumb

perhaps they will let him keep the Lucius wig as a memento!

Posted by SnapesSilverDoe on September 08, 2009, 09:15 AM report to moderator
What_the_hell_is_a_hufflepuff__by_emptymug_thumb

i don’t want it to ever ever end :( but we still have two years :’) jason is so awesome. i love how much he loves the series!

Posted by Andrea Black on September 08, 2009, 10:01 AM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

What a nice interview! Can’t imagine anybody else playing Lucius. As much as I am looking forward to seeing the Deathly Hallows movies, I am dreading it, too. It really will be the end. sob.

Posted by AvanelleWood on September 08, 2009, 11:11 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Great interview. I love the way Jason looks at Lucius from a completely different view.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on September 08, 2009, 11:41 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

He was perfectly cast as Lucius…

Posted by Won_Two on September 08, 2009, 11:59 AM report to moderator
Avatar2_thumb

I’m dreading it 2 !!sob

Posted by weasleygirl101(ROAR) on September 08, 2009, 12:05 PM report to moderator

"You know what?" said Ron... "All these years I've been really impressed with Fred and George, nicking food from the kitchens -- well, it's not exactly difficult, is it? They can't wait to give it away!"