Tom Felton Attends DragonCon in Altanta, Georgia

Felton
Posted by: Edward
September 06, 2009, 12:01 AM

As announced via the actor's official Twitter account, Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) will be making an appearance at the 2009 DragonCon sci-fi, fantasy, gaming, and comic convention taking place in Atlanta, Georgia this weekend.  A report is now online featuring a short rundown of the actor's activities this weekend, as well as a few quotes from a Q&A Mr. Felton participated in during the convention.  Relating his feelings of closeness with the Potter costars Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), Mr. Felton goes on speak of his character and what may cause Draco to fall towards evil.  The report says:

Although Draco Malfoy is considered to be a villain, Felton sees Draco and Harry as two sides of a coin.  Harry has good influences around him, but Draco has the worst—his father, Lucius, and Bellatrix, for example.  "I think there's some good down inside [Draco] somewhere.  A lot ... is left unwritten—where Draco stands [at the end] in all the madness."  One drawback to his role is the effect he has on children who visit the set.  They're happy to meet Radcliff[e], Grimes [sic], and Watson, but Felton "scare[s] the daylights out of children.  They hide behind their parents' legs.  It’s a nightmare, but it also means I'm doing something right."
Feltbeats also has extensive coverage of Mr. Felton's visit to the convention, with post containing video from the actor's appearance.  Video featuring the Q&A session can be viewed via this link.

Many thanks to Feltbeats.com!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

Lovegood2_thumb

hahaha, love gred and forges!

Posted by Loveforluna on September 07, 2009, 09:58 AM report to moderator
Hp-lupin-wand-short-100_thumb

Aaaww little kids are scared of Tom. lol

Posted by Lucida on September 07, 2009, 12:48 PM report to moderator
Th_puff6_thumb

omg I wish i could’ve gone to DragonCon :(
but I think i’m going to Infinitus next summer which makes me happy :)

Posted by Hufflepuffqueenxo [OTC!] on September 07, 2009, 01:13 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

awesum :)
but its a shame how kids are scared of him because malfoy isn’t that horrible or anything :S… well maybe just a little bit ;)

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on September 07, 2009, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

It is very cool he went.

Posted by friendofblob on September 07, 2009, 09:47 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

Poor guy, I know he must feel rather sad that kids run away from him. He plays his role extremely well though.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on September 08, 2009, 06:28 PM report to moderator

ALTana? Please FIX the spelling on the Title of this article. Looks totally amateur to spell ATLANTA wrong.

Posted by SideAlong on September 09, 2009, 07:36 AM report to moderator

Ha! I spelled it wrong also. ATLANTA not Altanta or Altana… oops…

Posted by SideAlong on September 09, 2009, 07:40 AM report to moderator

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend Dragon Con this year. I went to Tom’s panel and got his autograph. He is so sweet and funny! The trip down to Atlanta was so worth it – I’m from Michigan and nothing fun ever happens around here.

Posted by Fishy_79 on September 11, 2009, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I have to tell you, this was so cool, but I was scared for a second, because I was supposed to go to Georgia, but plans fell through. I would have been kind of angry if I had traveled all that way and not known that the evilest of all the Malfoy’s was there.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on September 15, 2009, 07:31 PM report to moderator

Ron pulled out his own wand -- not knowing what he was going to do he heard himself cry the first spell that came into his head: [i]"Wingardium Leviosa!"[/i][br]The club flew suddenly out of the troll's hand, rose high, high up into the air, turned slowly