Tom Felton Attends DragonCon in Altanta, Georgia

Felton
Posted by: Edward
September 06, 2009, 12:01 AM

As announced via the actor's official Twitter account, Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) will be making an appearance at the 2009 DragonCon sci-fi, fantasy, gaming, and comic convention taking place in Atlanta, Georgia this weekend.  A report is now online featuring a short rundown of the actor's activities this weekend, as well as a few quotes from a Q&A Mr. Felton participated in during the convention.  Relating his feelings of closeness with the Potter costars Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), Mr. Felton goes on speak of his character and what may cause Draco to fall towards evil.  The report says:

Although Draco Malfoy is considered to be a villain, Felton sees Draco and Harry as two sides of a coin.  Harry has good influences around him, but Draco has the worst—his father, Lucius, and Bellatrix, for example.  "I think there's some good down inside [Draco] somewhere.  A lot ... is left unwritten—where Draco stands [at the end] in all the madness."  One drawback to his role is the effect he has on children who visit the set.  They're happy to meet Radcliff[e], Grimes [sic], and Watson, but Felton "scare[s] the daylights out of children.  They hide behind their parents' legs.  It’s a nightmare, but it also means I'm doing something right."
Feltbeats also has extensive coverage of Mr. Felton's visit to the convention, with post containing video from the actor's appearance.  Video featuring the Q&A session can be viewed via this link.

Many thanks to Feltbeats.com!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

Images_thumb

That sounds really cool! I wish I was there. I live in London and am currently in Hogsmeade, so I couldn’t have been there even if I knew about it…

Posted by Hermione Granger on September 06, 2009, 01:07 PM report to moderator

Man sounds awesome which i could go

Posted by madman1277 on September 06, 2009, 01:09 PM report to moderator

Man sounds awesome which i could go

Posted by madman1277 on September 06, 2009, 01:12 PM report to moderator

Man sounds awesome which i could go

Posted by madman1277 on September 06, 2009, 01:12 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

He should go to the Nascar race in Atlanta tonight…

Posted by Won_Two on September 06, 2009, 01:13 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

That sounds cool!

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on September 06, 2009, 01:19 PM report to moderator
Hbp_movie_thumb

Sounds like a great time,too bad I didn’t plan ahead to go to it :( Oh well, love the quote from Felton its really good to know his actuall thoughts on Draco as a person, and interesting as well.

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on September 06, 2009, 02:00 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

I watched the Q&A videos, but unfortunately the sound was so bad!! Couldn’t hear anything!!

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on September 06, 2009, 02:02 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

A great comment on the character he plays, and the effect such a person has on the public, especially our youth. I think he’s got Draco down pat, and as for a lot being left “unwritten”, I think it speaks volumes when Ron and Harry see him with his own family at the train station years later. Their distant interactions and Draco’s response speak volumes; I think we can draw many certain conclusions from there.

Posted by Smitch on September 06, 2009, 02:21 PM report to moderator
Iconator_7fa3cb670bce345350cd6832b9b7b562_thumb

Wish I could have been there!!

Posted by DracoRox *ROAR* on September 06, 2009, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

cool. thats almost as close to me as he was when he was in new jersey a few months ago. id like to meet him and get his autograph.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on September 06, 2009, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I live a few hours from Atlanta, but sadly couldn’t make it to DragonCon. I’m glad that he came to represent us HP fans though! Congrats to all who met him…. I am a little jealous. LOL :) I LOVE TOM!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 06, 2009, 06:00 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0183_thumb

sweet

Posted by LulubelleI {WBM} on September 06, 2009, 06:25 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

I wish i got to go!!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on September 06, 2009, 06:29 PM report to moderator
Fixed_awa_pic_thumb

I was lucky enough to attend Dragon*Con this year, and while I didn’t get the chance to go to any of Tom Felton’s panels, I did get to see him at the Walk of Fame. He was such a gentleman, and it was so worth the extra money to get the autographs!

Posted by splashfanatic on September 06, 2009, 07:27 PM report to moderator

"When they say every flavor, they [i]mean[/i] every flavor -- you know, you get all the ordinary ones like chocolate and peppermint and marmalade, but then you can get spinach and liver and tripe. George reckons he had a booger-flavored one once."