Tom Felton Attends DragonCon in Altanta, Georgia

Felton
Posted by: Edward
September 06, 2009, 12:01 AM

As announced via the actor's official Twitter account, Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) will be making an appearance at the 2009 DragonCon sci-fi, fantasy, gaming, and comic convention taking place in Atlanta, Georgia this weekend.  A report is now online featuring a short rundown of the actor's activities this weekend, as well as a few quotes from a Q&A Mr. Felton participated in during the convention.  Relating his feelings of closeness with the Potter costars Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), Mr. Felton goes on speak of his character and what may cause Draco to fall towards evil.  The report says:

Although Draco Malfoy is considered to be a villain, Felton sees Draco and Harry as two sides of a coin.  Harry has good influences around him, but Draco has the worst—his father, Lucius, and Bellatrix, for example.  "I think there's some good down inside [Draco] somewhere.  A lot ... is left unwritten—where Draco stands [at the end] in all the madness."  One drawback to his role is the effect he has on children who visit the set.  They're happy to meet Radcliff[e], Grimes [sic], and Watson, but Felton "scare[s] the daylights out of children.  They hide behind their parents' legs.  It’s a nightmare, but it also means I'm doing something right."
Feltbeats also has extensive coverage of Mr. Felton's visit to the convention, with post containing video from the actor's appearance.  Video featuring the Q&A session can be viewed via this link.

Many thanks to Feltbeats.com!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

19961_295278227280_850597280_3220270_6993096_n_thumb

im glad Tom is getting loads of recognition for this film, he deserves it, he is an amzing actor, and he reely shows Dracos hidden depth in HBP!

Posted by AbbieAstoria on September 06, 2009, 07:53 AM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

Wish Atlanta wasn’t so far from here!!!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on September 06, 2009, 08:16 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

YAY TOM!! He’s so awesome to do that for his fans! I can’t believe he was that close to me and I didn’t get to see him!

Posted by cghambright on September 06, 2009, 08:35 AM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

“Mr. Felton.”

teehee

Posted by gaminette [GTFO!] on September 06, 2009, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Dscn0756-1_thumb

I met him and got my picture with him here at dragoncon. Squee!

Posted by Shane [WBM] on September 06, 2009, 09:27 AM report to moderator
Triogrounds2cut_thumb

wow that’s awesome that he was in “the south” i’m in North Carolina and I feel like nothing ever happens anywhere close to here. so that’s really cool.

Posted by kayzz on September 06, 2009, 10:00 AM report to moderator
Cropped_thumb

I feel that he is complitly different, I mean he is not in the Draco , he is kind nice person, I am strating to like him!!

Posted by ~ Asi ~ on September 06, 2009, 10:20 AM report to moderator
Dl_10_thumb

I wish i was there!!!

Posted by GinnyPotter:) on September 06, 2009, 11:17 AM report to moderator
Hpv16_thumb

“but Felton “scare[s] the daylights out of children. They hide behind their parents’ legs.”

Hahaha, how cute.

Posted by Mrs.Brisby on September 06, 2009, 11:18 AM report to moderator
Dl_10_thumb

I wish i was there!!!

Posted by GinnyPotter:) on September 06, 2009, 11:20 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

That Tom Felton was able to attend the conference and enrich it for all Potterheads is nothing short of marvelous, but I do wish I had been there. :(

Posted by Kirk on September 06, 2009, 11:26 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

Wow! haha! So funny… kids… =D

Untitled-4_thumb

Awesome! I wish I could have gone. Tom Felton seems like a really nice guy, it seems that all the actors for HP are really nice. And his acting was amazing in Half-Blood Prince. Good luck to him for the last two films!

Posted by mini bagel on September 06, 2009, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

thats great that he was able to attend during filming

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on September 06, 2009, 12:32 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

i was not lucky enough to go to DragonCon, i got sick and i also live in ohio, so it’s pretty far away =[[ but i’m glad to see Tom’s done something right in scaring the small children lol i found that funny

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on September 06, 2009, 01:02 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"He was provoked, Professor Snape," said Hagrid, sticking his huge hairy face out from behind the tree. "Malfoy was insultin' his family."[br] "Be that as it may, fighting is against Hogwarts rules, Hagrid," said Snape silkily. "Five points from Gryffi