Harry Potter Exhibit in Boston Now Hiring

Movies
September 05, 2009, 09:30 AM

Back in July we first told you Harry Potter, the Exhibition would be moving to the next stop on the tour to Boston. Now we can report that Museum of Science in Boston, Massachusetts is hiring workers specifically for the traveling exhibition of props and costumes from the Harry Potter films which will open next month on October 25th. However the six positions open require workers to use an authentic British Accent, as the Museum job listing says:

"Six (6) positions must be in the exhibit at all times. The staff in these six positions must have an authentic British accent at all times! Ideal candidates will have some familiarity of the Harry Potter™ films, and work well in direct contact with the general public. The Exhibit Host will work in all six positions, rotating about every hour or so into another position. Again, all six positions must be in place whenever the exhibit is open; an authentic British accent will be used at all times."

"Both full-time (35+ hrs/wk) and part-time (10 to 16 hrs/wk) temporary Exhibit Hosts are needed to provide the necessary coverage in this exhibition. The Museum of Science will be hiring for 20+ total temporary positions.The ideal candidate will have as much schedule flexibility as possible to work mornings, afternoons, and some evenings, on any days of the week and weekends, from mid October 2009 through late February 2010. The exhibit is open every day except Thanksgiving and Christmas."

For more on how to apply, click here. Good luck! Thanks so much Jen!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Zombie-potter_thumb

Me too Rin68nyr :)

Posted by Bad-Muggle on September 05, 2009, 07:19 PM report to moderator

I’m surprised—the UK doesn’t have one of these already? I’d love to see this, but there’s no way I’d be able to fly up to Boston anytime soon. :(

Posted by aj_ellybean on September 05, 2009, 08:09 PM report to moderator
F_indexm_b2dc212_thumb

Wow, what a job offer! Now , if it only it was in Pittsburgh…*

Posted by EllaMinnowPea on September 05, 2009, 10:32 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

That would be pretty cool. If only I lived nearer (I’m in the UK) and didn’t go to school!!

Good luck to everyone who enter’s! :)

____73_thumb

hahahahahahahahaha

Posted by wing on September 06, 2009, 07:03 AM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahahahahahaha

Posted by wing on September 06, 2009, 07:03 AM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahahahahahaha

Posted by wing on September 06, 2009, 07:06 AM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahahahahahaha

Posted by wing on September 06, 2009, 07:06 AM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

I’m not old enough, nor do i have an accent!

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on September 06, 2009, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Well I’m not British but very neat job. Get a paycheck and hang out around Harry stuff? Wow

Posted by Girlraven1 on September 06, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator
008_thumb

haha, thats so funny that you have to use a british accent haha, oh thats so cool

Posted by TaylerWeasley on September 06, 2009, 03:07 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

Some of the people in Chicago had horrible British accents so it really shouldn’t be that hard to fake one…..

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on September 06, 2009, 03:22 PM report to moderator
Dscf1014

Oh man. I have a friend near Boston – I’m definitely gonna need to tell her about this!

I’ve been dying to go to the exhibit in Chicago for AGES now, and I just haven’t been able to. I was actually in Chicago earlier this summer, and I STILL wasn’t able to visit. Urghh. Maybe I’ll get lucky and they’ll come to Minneapolis. Hahaha.

Posted by KatieFab on September 06, 2009, 03:52 PM report to moderator

:( Darn, my brother lives in Boston… Ohh stupid college, getting in the way of all the fun I could be having. lol :)

Posted by Libby on September 06, 2009, 06:50 PM report to moderator

hahahaha i like how you NEED AN AUTHENTIC BRITISH ACCENT AT ALL TIMES lol

Posted by dobbyis_free on September 06, 2009, 07:25 PM report to moderator

"What did Lockhart want with you, Hagrid?" Harry asked...[br]"Givin' me advice on gettin' kelpies out of a well," growled Hagrid, moving a half-plucked rooster off his scrubbed table and setting down the teapot. "Like I don' know. An' bangin' on about som