Harry Potter Exhibit in Boston Now Hiring

Movies
September 05, 2009, 09:30 AM

Back in July we first told you Harry Potter, the Exhibition would be moving to the next stop on the tour to Boston. Now we can report that Museum of Science in Boston, Massachusetts is hiring workers specifically for the traveling exhibition of props and costumes from the Harry Potter films which will open next month on October 25th. However the six positions open require workers to use an authentic British Accent, as the Museum job listing says:

"Six (6) positions must be in the exhibit at all times. The staff in these six positions must have an authentic British accent at all times! Ideal candidates will have some familiarity of the Harry Potter™ films, and work well in direct contact with the general public. The Exhibit Host will work in all six positions, rotating about every hour or so into another position. Again, all six positions must be in place whenever the exhibit is open; an authentic British accent will be used at all times."

"Both full-time (35+ hrs/wk) and part-time (10 to 16 hrs/wk) temporary Exhibit Hosts are needed to provide the necessary coverage in this exhibition. The Museum of Science will be hiring for 20+ total temporary positions.The ideal candidate will have as much schedule flexibility as possible to work mornings, afternoons, and some evenings, on any days of the week and weekends, from mid October 2009 through late February 2010. The exhibit is open every day except Thanksgiving and Christmas."

For more on how to apply, click here. Good luck! Thanks so much Jen!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Msn_thumb

Can’t wait until this comes closer to me!!!!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on September 05, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator
1204091927_thumb

i wish i could go ! awww my British accent sucks hehehe. Practice makes perfect ! :)

Posted by Heroine Luna on September 05, 2009, 02:39 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I think my British accent is OK even though I live in Ireland.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on September 05, 2009, 02:48 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_by_tsulala_thumb

i wish i can go there to Boston in winter! itll be cool! Winter – snowing… it’ll be like Hogsmeade! -

Posted by HPfan339 on September 05, 2009, 03:24 PM report to moderator

if only i could do a british accent…

Posted by ravenclaw_girl42 on September 05, 2009, 03:48 PM report to moderator
Poesy_-_copie_thumb

Oh it would be sooo cool to wrk there! :D

Posted by Hepburn on September 05, 2009, 04:09 PM report to moderator
Hp6_icon2_96x96_thumb

What a fun job!

Posted by Traci on September 05, 2009, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

Sounds so cool. It’s at times like these that I hate the fact that I live in Norway, where practically nothing ever happens involving Potter. At least not that I know of. So that kinda sucks. But it sounds so cool. Wish I could go to one of these things. ^^

Posted by Lisbry on September 05, 2009, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

When I went to Chicago’s exhibit, the only one who had a Bristish accent was the one who introduced us to the exhibit. I’ll take that back I think the one who did the sorting hat for a couple of kid’s had one. The other people just walked around to make sure we were following the rules.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on September 05, 2009, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Dl_10_thumb

wow that would be soo fun to work there! i wish i could go! :(

Posted by GinnyPotter:) on September 05, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Untitled-4_thumb

Wow!! If only…

Posted by mini bagel on September 05, 2009, 05:35 PM report to moderator

awwww! I live in NY! I hope it comes to NYC! I can so pull off a British accent! :-)

Posted by Malfoyluva on September 05, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

lol they wouldnt even have to pay me :)

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on September 05, 2009, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I want this job!!!

I wish I could do an accent, as I only live 45 minutes away…oh well, I will just ahve to settle for going to it!
As far as the “British” accent, I think most Americans cannot tell the differences! Unless they hold an interest in the UK…

Posted by Dawna on September 05, 2009, 07:00 PM report to moderator

[i]Harry -- this is a Pocket Sneakoscope. If there's someone untrustworthy around, it's supposed to light up and spin. Bill says it's rubbish sold for wizard tourists and isn't reliable, because it kept lighting up at dinner last night. But he didn't real

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014