Harry Potter Exhibit in Boston Now Hiring

Movies
September 05, 2009, 09:30 AM

Back in July we first told you Harry Potter, the Exhibition would be moving to the next stop on the tour to Boston. Now we can report that Museum of Science in Boston, Massachusetts is hiring workers specifically for the traveling exhibition of props and costumes from the Harry Potter films which will open next month on October 25th. However the six positions open require workers to use an authentic British Accent, as the Museum job listing says:

"Six (6) positions must be in the exhibit at all times. The staff in these six positions must have an authentic British accent at all times! Ideal candidates will have some familiarity of the Harry Potter™ films, and work well in direct contact with the general public. The Exhibit Host will work in all six positions, rotating about every hour or so into another position. Again, all six positions must be in place whenever the exhibit is open; an authentic British accent will be used at all times."

"Both full-time (35+ hrs/wk) and part-time (10 to 16 hrs/wk) temporary Exhibit Hosts are needed to provide the necessary coverage in this exhibition. The Museum of Science will be hiring for 20+ total temporary positions.The ideal candidate will have as much schedule flexibility as possible to work mornings, afternoons, and some evenings, on any days of the week and weekends, from mid October 2009 through late February 2010. The exhibit is open every day except Thanksgiving and Christmas."

For more on how to apply, click here. Good luck! Thanks so much Jen!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

That is the coolest job ever!!!! I need to work on my accent just in case they come to my town!!!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on September 05, 2009, 11:06 AM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

dude that would be awesome but i dont live in boston. :(

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on September 05, 2009, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

@Prosophules I too agree!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 05, 2009, 11:35 AM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

I could do that so easily. You know, being an English Potter fan and that.

Totally jealous of whoever got that job!

Posted by Linnyish on September 05, 2009, 11:40 AM report to moderator
B4_1__thumb

hahaha, “authentic british accent”!!! that would be soo funny to hear! No affence to americans, but as whole you usually have pretty lame british accents :P lol

Posted by justanargle on September 05, 2009, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Working in the exhibit would prove to be a wonderful experience! I only wish that I lived in the Boston area and possessed a British accent.

Posted by Kirk on September 05, 2009, 11:51 AM report to moderator
Hbp_movie_thumb

Me too Kirk, me too. Maybe they’ll come to Orlando, that’s where everything else Harry Potter seems to be coming and then at least I can see it.

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on September 05, 2009, 12:41 PM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

Oh…I will freely admit, my British accent is terrible! LOL OK…so if one of you wants to stay with me during the exhibit, you can work there! JK! But i am only about 15 minutes from the Boston MOS.

Erin

Posted by Rin68nyr on September 05, 2009, 12:48 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Nice one Jen…
poll posters rule!

Posted by Won_Two on September 05, 2009, 12:52 PM report to moderator

I went, and everyone there had a British accent. I suspected that some of them were fake…

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on September 05, 2009, 12:53 PM report to moderator
Dobbyavvie_thumb

OMG I want to do it! I hope the exhibition comes to New York and asks for the same thing! Talk about a dream job! I always speak in a British accent anyway just for the fun of it. XD I’ve never had a dream in an American accent, actually. HP has made me think in a British accent. I want them to come to NY next summer, I need a summer job anyway. I would pay to work for that!

Posted by Scarlet~Phoenix on September 05, 2009, 01:02 PM report to moderator

I’m not sure how authentic the accents have to be. In Chicago, there were a number of people with pretty poor “British” accents.

Posted by Steve K on September 05, 2009, 01:11 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

“an authentic British accent at all times!!” :D I’m sorry, that just made me laugh so much! But, then again, I can understand it..it is all about presenting the Harry Potter exhibition in the best way possible, right? Good luck to those who get the job!! And remember.. “an authentic British accent is to be used at all times!!” :D

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on September 05, 2009, 01:44 PM report to moderator
Pic_3_thumb

Do you think I could make the hour and a half commute every day? Would totally be worth it.

Posted by Will Nevins on September 05, 2009, 01:47 PM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

It took me a while to understand the British accent. There were lots of parts I missed and head to rewind to understand when I first started watching HP movies. But it didn’t take long. For years now, even when I watch a new movie, I can understand it all perfectly well.

Posted by Rin68nyr on September 05, 2009, 01:57 PM report to moderator

He was glaring at Hermione and Krum, who were dancing nearby. Padma was sitting with her arms and legs crossed, one foot jiggling in time to the music. Every now and then she threw a disgruntled look at Ron, who was completely ignoring her.