J.K. Rowling Opens Twitter Account

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
September 25, 2009, 01:31 PM

It's #followfriday on Leaky! Or as many readers have called it: the best #followfriday ever!

Reader Cassandra wrote in to tell us that J.K. Rowling apparently has a Twitter account here, at username @jk_rowling. While Twitter calls it a verified account, we checked, just to be sure, and have received confirmation: it is Jo. She opened it to put an end to all the fake ones and won't be twittering often.

The account seems to have been opened on Sept. 17 and reads:

I am told that people have been twittering on my behalf, so I thought a brief visit was in order just to prevent any more confusion! However, I should flag up now that although I could twitter endlessly, I'm afraid you won't be hearing from me very often, as pen and paper is my priority at the moment

Remember you can follow Leaky at @leaky!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Dscn0187_thumb

Oh man. So far I’ve managed to keep myself free of this twitter obsession, but now that Jo is on I might just have to get an account and follow her.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on September 26, 2009, 11:36 AM report to moderator

Oh lawds!

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on September 26, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator

Twitter! Oh noiz!

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on September 26, 2009, 11:57 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I want her to tweet for just one day from morning to night. A Day in the Life of Jo- it’s be amazing

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 26, 2009, 02:09 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

conversation at dinner last night
me: “JK has a twitter”
Laura: “Twitter’s just so you can stalk people”
me: “Yes, I’m stalking JKR from MONTANA
both: … rofl

it was awesome… but the best part “pen and paper are my priority”

who care if she never tweets again, SHE’S WRITING!!! gets excited

Posted by samhinrichs678 (WBM) on September 26, 2009, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_m0hexavzz21qb3do9o6_250_normal_thumb

HOLY CRAP! I getting a tweeter account now and FOLLOWING HER!!!!! Man I sounded like a stalker…but hey! If it’s JK Rowling, I’ll get an account!

Posted by Owana Potter on September 26, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator

I’m following her on my cell phone, so I get a text every time she updates!
I have to admit, I’m sad that she’s not updating every few minutes, but I’m glad that she’s writing! Inspiring…

Posted by kendalllovett on September 26, 2009, 06:43 PM report to moderator

Now a reason to get twitter

Posted by Rodinius Black on September 27, 2009, 04:39 AM report to moderator
Snape_vs__sirius_normal_thumb

To Dark Lord Hector:
"SHE"S WRITING SHE"S WRITING SHE"S WRITING!! I"M SO EXCITED!!!!"

Yes yes yes yes yes! That was my response too! We’re glad that your priority is pen and paper at the moment, Jo! Very glad.

Posted by Lunabelle7 on September 27, 2009, 01:14 PM report to moderator

Crap!!!!!! I totaly forgot my Twitter password and th password to my email account that it’s filed under!!!! I’ve been putting it off but I guess I’ll have to get another.

But she’s WRITING!!!!!!! EEEEEEeeee!!! I can’t wait to see what!!!!

Posted by Luce {ROAR!} on September 27, 2009, 01:14 PM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

That is really cool! Too bad I don’t have twitter…….

Posted by Paracelsus101 on September 27, 2009, 02:33 PM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

It would be awsome just to twitter with j.k. rowling. I just love her and in awe of her.

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on September 27, 2009, 07:44 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

This actually made the paper….

I’m ecstatic she’s writing!!!!

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on September 27, 2009, 08:12 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

I’ve been following her for the past couple days! I don’t twitter much but I read others all the time, it’s awesome to be able to read posts by JK Rowling, Tom Felton, and Mathew Lewis (and some other celebrities too)

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on September 27, 2009, 09:06 PM report to moderator

That’s so awesome! I’ll have to follow her, though I hope she decides to twitter often.

Posted by Leeann on September 28, 2009, 07:41 AM report to moderator

"Dear, dear, you know, that temper of yours will lead you into trouble one of these days, Hagrid," said Mr. Malfoy. "I would advise you not to shout at the Azkaban guards like that. They won't like it at all."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014