J.K. Rowling Opens Twitter Account

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
September 25, 2009, 01:31 PM

It's #followfriday on Leaky! Or as many readers have called it: the best #followfriday ever!

Reader Cassandra wrote in to tell us that J.K. Rowling apparently has a Twitter account here, at username @jk_rowling. While Twitter calls it a verified account, we checked, just to be sure, and have received confirmation: it is Jo. She opened it to put an end to all the fake ones and won't be twittering often.

The account seems to have been opened on Sept. 17 and reads:

I am told that people have been twittering on my behalf, so I thought a brief visit was in order just to prevent any more confusion! However, I should flag up now that although I could twitter endlessly, I'm afraid you won't be hearing from me very often, as pen and paper is my priority at the moment

Remember you can follow Leaky at @leaky!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

pen and paper is my priority at the moment

SHE IS WRITIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!! SHE IS WRITING!! SHE IS WRITING!!!!!

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on September 25, 2009, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

OMG YAYAYAYAYA!!! I’m gonna follow her right now!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on September 25, 2009, 02:47 PM report to moderator

Ooooh! Pen and paper! I so need another book!

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on September 25, 2009, 02:48 PM report to moderator
Imagen009_thumb

Jo please write often!!!

Posted by selene21 (ROAR) on September 25, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

That’s nice…

Posted by Won_Two on September 25, 2009, 03:02 PM report to moderator

Best Follow Friday ever.

Posted by GreenLightening on September 25, 2009, 03:05 PM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

So cool…. I don’t have a Twitter but I will visit it… Wow, what to say?? Jo rocks.. :)

Posted by Petra on September 25, 2009, 03:10 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

cool. id follow her but i dont have a twitter account anymore. mine stoped working. :(

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on September 25, 2009, 03:14 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

she’s writing… that’s good news…

**must follow JKR on Twitter

Posted by alegria35 on September 25, 2009, 03:16 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-4_thumb

Nice one Jo! And yes!! She’s writing it! She is! :P
I love her!

Posted by Hmrc5 on September 25, 2009, 03:22 PM report to moderator
Melissa_thumb

Remember to digg this article peeps :)

Posted by Melissa Anelli on September 25, 2009, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

yesyesyesyes!!!

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on September 25, 2009, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! OMG I’m so glad for this! cries with joy I feel so connected with her xD. SHES WRITING.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 25, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator

Pen and paper?!? Oh my gosh! I think that part of me that died a little after Deathly Hallows came as coming back to life a little bit. Sh-she’s writing? Oh my gosh! I am getting a Twitter just to follow Jo. I’ve gotten a couple Twitter accounts before but I’ve never been able to work out how to use it!

Posted by FGFG on September 25, 2009, 03:41 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

JKR HAS A TWITTER ACCOUNT. A REAL TWITTER ACCOUNT VERIFIED BY MELISSA. I AM A FOLLOWER. YIPPEE!!!!

Posted by Rhiannon on September 25, 2009, 03:43 PM report to moderator

"Nice dog, Harry!" called a tall boy with dreadlocks.[br]"Thanks, Lee," said Harry, grinning, as Sirius wagged his tail frantically.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014