J.K. Rowling Opens Twitter Account

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
September 25, 2009, 01:31 PM

It's #followfriday on Leaky! Or as many readers have called it: the best #followfriday ever!

Reader Cassandra wrote in to tell us that J.K. Rowling apparently has a Twitter account here, at username @jk_rowling. While Twitter calls it a verified account, we checked, just to be sure, and have received confirmation: it is Jo. She opened it to put an end to all the fake ones and won't be twittering often.

The account seems to have been opened on Sept. 17 and reads:

I am told that people have been twittering on my behalf, so I thought a brief visit was in order just to prevent any more confusion! However, I should flag up now that although I could twitter endlessly, I'm afraid you won't be hearing from me very often, as pen and paper is my priority at the moment

Remember you can follow Leaky at @leaky!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Hni_0022_thumb

i will still follow! :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on December 02, 2009, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

i will still follow! :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on December 02, 2009, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

awesome! I just checked her page and she doesn’t tweet much!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on December 31, 2009, 08:40 PM report to moderator
2009_1222ak_thumb

I find it funny how there’s so many people following her, but she’s not following anyone! Well, I guess she’s not on it enough to even bother to follow people. She’s never on it. Oh well.

Posted by chloewaaka on January 05, 2010, 09:50 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

She’s the reason why I have a Twitter account! I didn’t care about twitter, until she joined. Siriusly, she’s the reason why I joined. She’s awesome!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on January 11, 2010, 12:51 AM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

I’M SO EXCITED SHE’S WRITING!!!!!!!! but she hasn’t tweeted since she got the account :(:(:(:( SHE’LL USE IT FOR PUBLICITY WHEN SHE’S DONE WRITING THOUGH!!! squeeee

Posted by DesQueJteVois on June 25, 2010, 03:17 PM report to moderator

Avi_thumb

Posted by DesQueJteVois on June 25, 2010, 03:17 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

Posted by DesQueJteVois on June 25, 2010, 03:17 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

Posted by DesQueJteVois on June 25, 2010, 03:17 PM report to moderator

"Oooh, he looks just like I thought he would," said the witch who was holding her lit wand aloft. She looked the youngest there; she had a pale heart-shaped face, dark twinkling eyes, and short spiky hair that was a violent shade of violet. "Wotcher, Harr