J.K. Rowling Opens Twitter Account

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
September 25, 2009, 01:31 PM

It's #followfriday on Leaky! Or as many readers have called it: the best #followfriday ever!

Reader Cassandra wrote in to tell us that J.K. Rowling apparently has a Twitter account here, at username @jk_rowling. While Twitter calls it a verified account, we checked, just to be sure, and have received confirmation: it is Jo. She opened it to put an end to all the fake ones and won't be twittering often.

The account seems to have been opened on Sept. 17 and reads:

I am told that people have been twittering on my behalf, so I thought a brief visit was in order just to prevent any more confusion! However, I should flag up now that although I could twitter endlessly, I'm afraid you won't be hearing from me very often, as pen and paper is my priority at the moment

Remember you can follow Leaky at @leaky!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Darkside_thumb

i am SO following her!

Posted by Esmeralda.ROARღ on October 01, 2009, 02:22 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I’m following you, Guuurl. :o)

Good_pic_of_me_thumb

I logged on to my twitter account just to start following her. I hope she tweets more often than she says she will!!!! I wonder what she’s writing if pen and paper are her priority now?

Posted by fatmermaid on October 02, 2009, 12:26 PM report to moderator
Senatra

I am excited more about what she is writing with that pen and paper.

Posted by Broborn on October 03, 2009, 06:40 AM report to moderator
L34def2bf0000_1_6442_normal_thumb

I’m already following her. I hope she writes often!

Posted by Rossonera on October 06, 2009, 09:27 AM report to moderator
Normal_voldemort_highres_5b1_5d_thumb

Hahaha, I just made a Twitter so that I can follow Jo. I don’t even care if she doesn’t Tweet often :D

Posted by muffinmonsterxo on October 06, 2009, 11:13 PM report to moderator
L34def2bf0000_1_6442_normal_thumb

I’m already following her. I hope she writes often!

Posted by Rossonera on October 07, 2009, 01:30 AM report to moderator
Picture_039_thumb

Totally AWESOME! Now, i have a reason to create an account on twitter. lol. :)

Posted by demonicxaura on October 17, 2009, 03:44 AM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

Yay!! I’ll follow her immediately. I just hope she updates it more frequently..

Posted by MikeMagpuyo on October 17, 2009, 06:10 AM report to moderator
Patronous_thumb

Posted by HPbrokensilence on October 20, 2009, 04:35 AM report to moderator
Rena_fairy_picture_thumb

This is old news but new news to me! I wonder what she’s writing? I know that it’ll be great, no matter what it is!

Posted by Renata on November 07, 2009, 09:33 PM report to moderator
Emma026_thumb

yay. pen to paper?

Posted by vanessaclairpotter {Roar} on November 10, 2009, 07:35 PM report to moderator

oh, that’s cool :) I just started following now…as I haven’t been here since August!

Posted by emilycasmith on November 18, 2009, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Sblack_thumb

sweet!

Posted by Mellzey72 on November 19, 2009, 05:42 AM report to moderator

I’m not big on twitter, but i’ll definetley gonna follow Jo.

This is the greatest Follow Friday I know of

Posted by Padfoot on November 29, 2009, 08:09 PM report to moderator

Ron looked as though he was suffering some sort of painful internal struggle. Krum had already started walking away when Ron burst out, "Can I have your autograph?"[br]Hermione turned away, smiling...