J.K. Rowling Opens Twitter Account

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
September 25, 2009, 01:31 PM

It's #followfriday on Leaky! Or as many readers have called it: the best #followfriday ever!

Reader Cassandra wrote in to tell us that J.K. Rowling apparently has a Twitter account here, at username @jk_rowling. While Twitter calls it a verified account, we checked, just to be sure, and have received confirmation: it is Jo. She opened it to put an end to all the fake ones and won't be twittering often.

The account seems to have been opened on Sept. 17 and reads:

I am told that people have been twittering on my behalf, so I thought a brief visit was in order just to prevent any more confusion! However, I should flag up now that although I could twitter endlessly, I'm afraid you won't be hearing from me very often, as pen and paper is my priority at the moment

Remember you can follow Leaky at @leaky!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Me_desirable_1_thumb

“…as pen and paper is my priority at the moment.” Excellent!!
I hope that means the Scottish Book is coming along….or something new…..I would get a twitter account just to follow Jo. However, Leaky will probably post most/all of her twitters, so I’ll just check my daily news here.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on September 28, 2009, 08:17 AM report to moderator

She’s brewing something!! ^^ And she announced it with really big letters, too XD I bet it’s that HP encyclopedia.

Posted by Bonnie Radcliffe on September 28, 2009, 09:51 AM report to moderator
7325_127536676087_515576087_2599399_1968276_n_thumb

Following :D Someone should track how many followers she’s getting and post it up :)

Posted by Retrograde15 on September 28, 2009, 10:41 AM report to moderator
Aces_pool_thumb

For some reason, I find it VERY funny that JKR has a Twitter account :P

Posted by Jananae on September 28, 2009, 01:11 PM report to moderator
Reed-glamor_medium_thumb

’bout time!

Posted by ReedMan on September 28, 2009, 02:44 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Great! I definitely will follow it)

Posted by Pollytomat on September 28, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Evil_lion_thumb

Thats pretty cool!

Posted by Drops_of_Jupiter on September 28, 2009, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Picture_324_thumb

Ha. This is amazing… I got a twitter just to follow her. :)

But what is this about pen and paper now, Jo?

Posted by Scribbled [WBM] on September 29, 2009, 12:30 AM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

This might actually get me onto Twitter. But I already have enough to do with my other endeavors.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on September 29, 2009, 01:32 AM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

sooo excited about this! she is so wonderful! she doesn’t need to twitter so much, we are all ok with that, as long as she is doing what we love her for!

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on September 29, 2009, 06:56 PM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahaahah

Posted by wing on September 30, 2009, 11:27 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

I see she has over 50,000 followers now, though the number doesn’t seem to be increasing as fast as it was.

Posted by roonwit on September 30, 2009, 12:16 PM report to moderator
P1010348_thumb

@Dark Lord—the same thing occurred to me, much more exciting than the fact that she’s on Twitter. Can’t wait!!

Posted by Widdershins [WBM] on September 30, 2009, 01:15 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Jo in twitter .. Loving it :D

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on October 01, 2009, 06:44 AM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

Jo in twitter .. Loving it :D

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on October 01, 2009, 06:44 AM report to moderator

"What was there to be gained by fighting the most evil wizard who has ever existed?" said Black, with a terrible fury in his face. "Only innocent lives, Peter!"