J.K. Rowling Opens Twitter Account

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Melissa
September 25, 2009, 01:31 PM

It's #followfriday on Leaky! Or as many readers have called it: the best #followfriday ever!

Reader Cassandra wrote in to tell us that J.K. Rowling apparently has a Twitter account here, at username @jk_rowling. While Twitter calls it a verified account, we checked, just to be sure, and have received confirmation: it is Jo. She opened it to put an end to all the fake ones and won't be twittering often.

The account seems to have been opened on Sept. 17 and reads:

I am told that people have been twittering on my behalf, so I thought a brief visit was in order just to prevent any more confusion! However, I should flag up now that although I could twitter endlessly, I'm afraid you won't be hearing from me very often, as pen and paper is my priority at the moment

Remember you can follow Leaky at @leaky!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Copy_of_avatar_thumb

Yayness, I was actually right about something! :D

Posted by Professor Cassandra *~WBM~* on September 25, 2009, 01:37 PM report to moderator

Happy to see one of us has joined the 21st century. I however will not be.
Good Luck Jo!!!!

Posted by hewy on September 25, 2009, 01:37 PM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

Yes! Followed!

Posted by accioangela on September 25, 2009, 01:38 PM report to moderator

SUPER AWESOME.
thanks for the heads up! :)

Posted by emdash84 on September 25, 2009, 01:40 PM report to moderator

P.S. Talk about the GREATEST Follow Friday of all time! :)

Posted by emdash84 on September 25, 2009, 01:41 PM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

Toooootally following Jo! :)

Posted by MischiefManaged on September 25, 2009, 01:43 PM report to moderator
Banana_l_thumb

I might consider start using that twitter account I opened the other day.

Might…

Posted by Iceholic on September 25, 2009, 01:45 PM report to moderator
N1012410067_30004165_424_thumb

Heeheeee!!!

I’m so excited even though she’ll probably never use it. Oh it would be awesome if she did.

Posted by Olivia on September 25, 2009, 01:46 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

‘although I could Twitter endlessly’… Oh, I wish she would. Just for one day. Squee! Go, Jo! :D

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on September 25, 2009, 01:47 PM report to moderator
Dare-to-be-clever_thumb

I now have a reason to have a Twitter!

Posted by EnergizerBunny on September 25, 2009, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

Wow.. this is just TOTALLY AWESOME.. Best Follow Friday ever xD

Posted by Niphai on September 25, 2009, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

By the way.. my TweetDeck says she joined on Mon 03 Aug 2009 13:23

Posted by Niphai on September 25, 2009, 01:50 PM report to moderator
Bookworm_thumb

How exciting! Too bad she won’t be using it often; Tweets from Jo would be the highlight of every day! :)

Posted by Bookworm Jen on September 25, 2009, 01:53 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_avatar_thumb

I wonder how many people will get a Twitter JUST to follow Jo? At any rate, I’m sure she’ll end up with MILLIONS of followers!!!

Posted by Professor Cassandra *~WBM~* on September 25, 2009, 01:53 PM report to moderator
Animated_tom-voldemort_thumb

SHE’S WRITING!!!
SHE’S WRITING!!!
SHE’S WRITING!!!
I’M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Posted by Dark Lord Hector on September 25, 2009, 01:55 PM report to moderator

He hadn't mentioned Viktor Krum since the ball, but Harry had found a miniature arm under his bed on Boxing Day, which had looked very much as though it had been snapped off a small model figure wearing Bulgarian Quidditch robes.