Battle of Hogwarts to be Filmed Later this Fall

DH Film
September 25, 2009, 06:49 AM

At yesterday's balloon launch for the forthcoming release of the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD in London, actors Matt Lewis and Evanna Lynch spoke about their work in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Speaking to the BBC, Matt Lewis said "I've done a few days which went fantastically," said Matthew Lewis, who plays student Neville Longbottom..."You wouldn't be able to tell it was the last in the series because the atmosphere is electric - everybody is having such a great time." Later, the piece continued with " Evanna Lynch, who plays Harry's dreamy friend Luna, told the BBC that filming was "about halfway through". And she revealed that filming on the climactic battle for Hogwarts hasn't begun. "The big stuff is still to come," she said. "I like that because if it's all at the start it's a bit of an anti-climax, but they're keeping that bit until the end."

As a reminder many of the cast confirmed they will begin filming in October, including Devon Murray who will be back as Seamus. TLC can also confirm many of the adult cast will be on set in early October as Alan Rickman (Snape) is due to begin filming some of those dramatic scenes at Malfoy Manor in the coming weeks and months. Ralph Fiennes (Voldemort), Jason Isaacs (Lucius) are also due in the next few weeks, with filming of the big battle of Hogwarts to take place over several months.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

4ztcymp_thumb

it’s going to be so awesome…. and even better, hopefully we’ll all be together at Leaky Con 2011 to see it for the first time! I’m bummed that 14 years of midnight releases is coming to an end… but wow, this is going to rock.

Yay!

Posted by Maggie on September 25, 2009, 10:00 PM report to moderator
Owned_thumb

I absolutely cannot wait for the Final Battle, but I know I would have cryed a hundred times before it so I’m not even sure I’ll be able to watch through bleary eyes… The Harry Potter phenomonen will never die though; the fans will always live on

Posted by Malsin on September 26, 2009, 01:16 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__2__professor_sprout_slughorn_mcgonagall_flitwick_cartoon_thumb

That might be the best part of the film.

Posted by NipintheAir on September 26, 2009, 02:29 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

oh my god, i can’t wait! i’m so pumped for the deathly hallows ;)

Posted by harrygetsme on September 26, 2009, 05:21 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Whoop! This is very exciting news.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on September 26, 2009, 06:16 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

I hope they keep it all!!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on September 26, 2009, 06:34 AM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_thumb

Nice ;)

Posted by vintervarg on September 26, 2009, 07:23 AM report to moderator
Hpgv4_thumb

I almost jumped outta my chair when I read this,I’m like SOOO EXCITED I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THE MOVIE XD
but I feel really really sad that this is the last one _ WHY O WHY o???

Posted by Niko Potter on September 26, 2009, 09:20 AM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

i just can not wait for this film to come out…i hope its awesome

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on September 26, 2009, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Cropped_thumb

Great,that they are filming it, I am so excited but still I can’t understand why it must be realised do late if it’s going to be ready in several months!

Posted by ~ Asi ~ on September 26, 2009, 11:38 AM report to moderator

Well I hope there is a balance between the first part of the 2nd part and the battle. Since they need to do Malfoy’s Manor, Dobby’s death, Shell Cottage, Gringotts, Dragon flying, Falling in the water and swiming back to find out Vlodemort found out about his horcrux/Voldemort’s thoughts, Hogsmade with the Dementors and Death Eaters, Hog’s Head with the real story of Dumbledore’s life, walking through the passage with Neville talking about Hogwarts, RoR metting up with the rest of DA, and going to check the statue of Ravenclaw.

That all happens before the battle and they better do justice to that.

Posted by Vaporage on September 26, 2009, 11:44 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

sob oh i don’t want the hear anymore DH news i dont’; want it to be over no no no non on on on ononoononononnononooooooooooooooooooo! sob

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on September 26, 2009, 12:53 PM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

I love those two. Rather a lot.

Posted by Linnyish on September 26, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Cool – but sad that will soon be over.

Posted by Girlraven1 on September 26, 2009, 04:31 PM report to moderator

i hope they film the afterward

Posted by mumtaz606 on September 26, 2009, 10:01 PM report to moderator

"But I don't think you're ugly," said Harry, bemused.[br]Hermione laughed.[br]"Harry, you're worse than Ron... Well, no, you're not," she sighed, as Ron himself came stumping into the Hall splattered with mud and looking grumpy.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014