Battle of Hogwarts to be Filmed Later this Fall

DH Film
September 25, 2009, 06:49 AM

At yesterday's balloon launch for the forthcoming release of the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD in London, actors Matt Lewis and Evanna Lynch spoke about their work in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Speaking to the BBC, Matt Lewis said "I've done a few days which went fantastically," said Matthew Lewis, who plays student Neville Longbottom..."You wouldn't be able to tell it was the last in the series because the atmosphere is electric - everybody is having such a great time." Later, the piece continued with " Evanna Lynch, who plays Harry's dreamy friend Luna, told the BBC that filming was "about halfway through". And she revealed that filming on the climactic battle for Hogwarts hasn't begun. "The big stuff is still to come," she said. "I like that because if it's all at the start it's a bit of an anti-climax, but they're keeping that bit until the end."

As a reminder many of the cast confirmed they will begin filming in October, including Devon Murray who will be back as Seamus. TLC can also confirm many of the adult cast will be on set in early October as Alan Rickman (Snape) is due to begin filming some of those dramatic scenes at Malfoy Manor in the coming weeks and months. Ralph Fiennes (Voldemort), Jason Isaacs (Lucius) are also due in the next few weeks, with filming of the big battle of Hogwarts to take place over several months.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

OMG!!! This part will be of the hook!

Posted by humbert0 on September 25, 2009, 04:11 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Sounds its all going be to epic!! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 25, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0183_thumb

I can’t wait until the movies! They are going to be awesome!

Posted by LulubelleI {WBM} on September 25, 2009, 05:07 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

AWESOME!! I wonder if it’s going to be during Christmas break or something since Emma is in school and Hermione is definitely apart of the battle. But I’m assuming they’re going to start working on the Ravenclaw common room scene with Luna and some of the room of requirement stuff! :D

Posted by cghambright on September 25, 2009, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Mv5bmje0njy5mte2nv5bml5banbnxkftztywnzu4mtk1

im sooo excitted to see this movie. like many have sad its so bitter sweet. im going to have nothing to look forward to now with no more books and movies .

Posted by Beckster235 on September 25, 2009, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot wait to see these scenes in the final movie! I am certain that the filmmakers will have more than surpassed our expectations.

Posted by Kirk on September 25, 2009, 05:43 PM report to moderator

Halfway already…

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on September 25, 2009, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

I can’t wait to see it, and it is amazing that their almost halfway done, but I just wish it wouldn’t end… I agree with beewell, that if we keep HP still going, it will never end. I’m also really glad that Ralph Fiennes and Devon Murray are back… I love the blowing up Seamus scenes in all the movies lol :)

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on September 25, 2009, 06:17 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

i can’t wait. i have already counting down

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on September 25, 2009, 06:18 PM report to moderator
Animation_thumb

cant wait!!

Posted by lilmisssnape on September 25, 2009, 06:22 PM report to moderator

I wonder how it is goung with Emma away at school?

Posted by Dawna on September 25, 2009, 07:13 PM report to moderator
Orderphoenix_thumb

I think we as fans should try and get DH in to top 10 movies of all time. If Pirates can do it, then so should we.

Posted by superman82 on September 25, 2009, 07:50 PM report to moderator

AWESOME! squee

Posted by dancingraphics on September 25, 2009, 08:29 PM report to moderator
034_thumb

just dying to see it, and to see if it holds up to the book

Posted by T-BirdROAR on September 25, 2009, 08:31 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Bittersweet . . .

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on September 25, 2009, 09:13 PM report to moderator

"You're not telling me you [i]did[/i] fly here?" said Hermione, sounding almost as severe as Professor McGonagall.[br]"Skip the lecture," said Ron...