Deathly Hallows Filming Update: 100 Extras Used for Hogwarts Express Scene

DH Film
September 24, 2009, 06:01 AM

An update today regarding filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. First, there is more on the filming in Scotland for a scene involving the Hogwarts Express. The Press and Journal reports:

"The Harry Potter crew were making a return to the Highlands and the west Highland railway line was once again the location for filming this week, with about 100 pupils from Lochaber High School at Fort William taking part in the filming as extras.The picturesque route was chosen for some scenes in two previous J.K. Rowling epics and now the film-makers are back to shoot the seventh and last film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

On this occasion, views of Glenfinnan Viaduct, which has featured in the previous Harry Potter blockbusters, were not required. Instead, the young teenagers were bussed to Tulloch Station, east of Roy Bridge. The camera action focused on Hogwart’s Express as the blood-red train steamed between Tulloch and Rannoch stations with its excited young passengers."

Interestingly a second piece on the filming noted "The scenic route was chosen for some of the shooting of scenes for not one, but two epics, out of JK Rowling's seventh and last best seller, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows." We do not know if this for an additional scene or simply the epilogue scene or what this may be used for.  As noted previously with the photos from the other day, no cast was present, or what scene this may be, stay tuned!

Also, we had heard previously from actors Jason Isaacs and Dan Radcliffe that filming would continue well into the next year, with Jason recently noting he would not be finished filming until April. The Independent has a brief mention of actor David Thewlis, who plays Lupin, where it notes that "Thewlis is filming the final instalments of Harry Potter until March." Please note while likely to be true, this is not a direct quote from David Thewlis, just a mention in an article with his partner Anna Friel, and has not been confirmed.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

108_thumb

How awesome for them!!!!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on September 24, 2009, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Chibilupin_thumb

If only I was twelve years younger and went to school in the Scottish Highlands. I’m gonna miss seeing the Hogwarts Express!

Posted by moony_lupin on September 24, 2009, 01:10 PM report to moderator

Oh no it’s almost over! But I wish I could have been one of those extras… :-(

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on September 24, 2009, 01:14 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

cool…

I think all of the characters will have almost the same filming days since all of them will be at the battle of hogwarts scene….

Posted by alegria35 on September 24, 2009, 01:32 PM report to moderator

Going to Hogwarts would be cool xD

Posted by humbert0 on September 24, 2009, 01:36 PM report to moderator
Hbp_movie_thumb

Oh the intrigue! I hope we get more news and photos in the coming weeks about what exactly they filmed.

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on September 24, 2009, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

It makes me sad just knowing HP is going to end… : [

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on September 24, 2009, 02:32 PM report to moderator

I’d have been an extra anyday! _

Posted by Lyndsey on September 24, 2009, 02:43 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

i hope it’s the epilogue!!! i’m pretty sure that the train isn’t mentioned until the epilogue…i’m so excited for Deathly Hallows!!!!!!

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on September 24, 2009, 03:12 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

i can’t wait. apirl that is a long time that means they have a lot to = more in the movie

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on September 24, 2009, 03:43 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I wish I could have been one of the extras! That said, I do wonder what scene they were filming…

Posted by Kirk on September 24, 2009, 03:47 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

The end is too close. It felt like yesterday that I first saw PS. cries I wish I could relive all this again!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 24, 2009, 04:18 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

sooo cooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on September 24, 2009, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

I’d really want to be an extra… my sister’s friend in 6th grade was an extra in the movie “Grown Ups” starring Adam Sandler and Chris Rock this summer in MA

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on September 24, 2009, 05:07 PM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on September 24, 2009, 05:08 PM report to moderator

"A Muggle," said Hagrid, "it's what we call nonmagic folk like them. An' it's your bad luck you grew up in a family o' the biggest Muggles I ever laid eyes on."