Brendan Gleeson Completes Filming as Mad-Eye for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
September 21, 2009, 07:33 AM

The mighty Auror has fallen and his journey in the magical world is now complete. This word comes as actor Brendan Gleeson has announced he has finished his role as legendary Auror Mad-Eye Moody in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Noting that he completed filming less than two weeks ago, the Hollywood Reporter cites "Gleeson noted he just wrapped filming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" and bid farewell to his Mad-Eye Moody. "I waved goodbye to him a week and a half ago. It was great fun, playing Mad-Eye was a hoot."

Actor Brendan Gleeson made these remarks in the press room last night as he was celebrating his win at the Emmys  as "Best Actor in a Mini-series" for his role as Winston Churchill in the HBO special "Into the Storm." You can see photos of the actor at the Emmy Awards here from Getty. Congratulations Brendan Gleeson!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Imgres_1__thumb

Its kind of depressing.. Some great actors are finishing up their HP roles. He was absolutely amazing, and congratulations on the Emmy!
That must mean they’re done with the 7 Potters scene officially!

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on September 21, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

so-sooo s-sa- sadddddddd! sob :-( i don’t wan thin to stop filming i want ti to go on FOREVER! sniff but YAY for him. :-(

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on September 21, 2009, 03:51 PM report to moderator

MoOdy is awesome!!!!!!!! =)

Posted by humbert0 on September 21, 2009, 03:53 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

I felt sad when I read the news item… Then I started to chastise myself for having so much emotion over a piece of fiction (Wonderful though it was)… and then I started reading everyone’s comments, and realized…. I’M NORMAL!!!!

Thank You Leaky, and Thank You Potter fans.

P.S.

I love that Brendan Gleason enjoyed the part he played.

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on September 21, 2009, 03:57 PM report to moderator

I love him. He is so blunt playing Mad-Eye and he really gives the charater more of a connection with Harry.

Posted by AndreaB09 on September 21, 2009, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

it is a sad ending to what i am sure was a happy journey

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on September 21, 2009, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

We’ll miss you Mad Eye, but congrats on the Emmy!

Posted by Figment on September 21, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_thumb

Why did he had to die ;s !?!

Posted by vintervarg on September 21, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Wow.. the movies are really coming to an end :( *tear.

Posted by Christine on September 21, 2009, 04:45 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

He was so good at portraying Mad-eye. Good job, oh, and a well-deserved Emmy I’m sure!! :)

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on September 21, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

This makes me sad. It’s like saying goodbye all over again. And we’re going to have to do it with every character….

Posted by siriusismyhero on September 21, 2009, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

oh Moody, you will be missed. but will live on in our hearts.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on September 21, 2009, 04:57 PM report to moderator

I’m so excited for these last two movies but at the same time I’m sad that we’re coming to the end. I try and cling to the thought that it won’t actually be the end til 2011 and then we will hopefully have the dvd sets, ultimate edition dvds, extras and the Scottish Book to look forward to after that.

Posted by anne1 on September 21, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

oh no! hes great. i got really upset when he died in the book.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on September 21, 2009, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

I cant believe we keep reading about how these actors are finshing with their charcters when it seems like just yesterday we were all waiting in line eagerly for are copy of the last book ;(

Posted by The Nerd on September 21, 2009, 05:23 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"But," said Harry, "just say -- just say Dumbledore's wrong about Snape --"[br]"People have said it, many times. It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore's judgement. I do; therefore, I trust Severus."