Brendan Gleeson Completes Filming as Mad-Eye for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
September 21, 2009, 07:33 AM

The mighty Auror has fallen and his journey in the magical world is now complete. This word comes as actor Brendan Gleeson has announced he has finished his role as legendary Auror Mad-Eye Moody in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Noting that he completed filming less than two weeks ago, the Hollywood Reporter cites "Gleeson noted he just wrapped filming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" and bid farewell to his Mad-Eye Moody. "I waved goodbye to him a week and a half ago. It was great fun, playing Mad-Eye was a hoot."

Actor Brendan Gleeson made these remarks in the press room last night as he was celebrating his win at the Emmys  as "Best Actor in a Mini-series" for his role as Winston Churchill in the HBO special "Into the Storm." You can see photos of the actor at the Emmy Awards here from Getty. Congratulations Brendan Gleeson!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

looking forward to see him in DH!

Posted by Matea on September 21, 2009, 12:23 PM report to moderator
Avatar_moose_thumb

Mad eye in the movies is not as I imagined him in my head (I’m with Frak on this one) but it is sad that we are starting to see actors finish filming on HP FOR EVER its been such a long journey it never seemed possible that it would ever actualy finnish :(

Posted by pinkmoosely on September 21, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

noooo :( every day we’re getting close to the end of an era :’(

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on September 21, 2009, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

It’s kinda crazy for me to imagine that somewhere out there in the parallel universe of filmmaking Mad-Eye Moody is already dead. Wow..

Posted by eiVega on September 21, 2009, 01:32 PM report to moderator
Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

It’ll never be over! As long as the fans are here to keep it alive!

And R.I.P, Mad-eye!

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on September 21, 2009, 01:40 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait to see this, but it makes me sad it is almost over.

Posted by Necrotoxin on September 21, 2009, 02:07 PM report to moderator

he looks a lot different in real life. long live mad eye moody!

Posted by ravenclaw_girl42 on September 21, 2009, 02:08 PM report to moderator

he looks a lot different in real life. long live mad eye moody!

Posted by ravenclaw_girl42 on September 21, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator

The end will be so sad! But looking forward to how they tackle the 7 Potters scene. I get sad thinking of it! Mad-Eye & Hedwig…

Posted by Dawna on September 21, 2009, 02:20 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

No I don’t want any of the cast leaving! cries I don’t want the fun of going to the cinema to see a brand new Potter movie to end.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 21, 2009, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-4_thumb

He diserves completely the Emmy!

For his Mad Eye role I love him! Oh… but I miss Mad Eye a lot…

Posted by Hmrc5 on September 21, 2009, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Animation_thumb

i cant believe there done already

Posted by lilmisssnape on September 21, 2009, 02:57 PM report to moderator
Baron_haru___shall_we_dance____by_jasminealexandra_thumb

Sniff this is so sad

Posted by Ganduean-Vampiress on September 21, 2009, 03:13 PM report to moderator

I just wanna say that he is really terrific actor…and goodbye Moody…:/

Posted by flowerchild on September 21, 2009, 03:24 PM report to moderator

I just wanna say that he is really terrific actor…and goodbye Moody…:/

Posted by flowerchild on September 21, 2009, 03:24 PM report to moderator

"Here," Moody muttered... "Read quickly and memorize."[br]Harry looked down at the piece of paper. The narrow handwriting was vaguely familiar. It said: [i]The headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix may be found at number twelve, Grimmauld Place, Londo