Extended Edition of Chamber of Secrets on DVD Now Confirmed

Home Video / DVD
September 02, 2009, 04:11 PM

A quick follow today regarding extended editions of the Harry Potter films coming to DVD. Rope of Silicon is now reporting that an extended edition of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets has been rated PG by the Motion Picture Association of America. This follows earlier news that an extended edition of Sorcerer's Stone was finally to be released on DVD. Earlier reports also had word that WB was going to release extended editions of all of the Harry Potter films on DVD very soon, however firm confirmation on an actual release date for these have not yet been released.

Thanks to Rope of Silicon and Matt!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Untitled_thumb

I’m gonna end up with loads of copies of Harry Potter haha. Not that i’m complaining. I’m really excited for the extended editions, one of my favourite scenes in the first film was a deleted scene where Neville gets his legs locked together by Malfoy and comes hopping into the great hall haha. I hope thats in the extended edition.

Posted by TheGriff [ROAR!] on September 04, 2009, 08:27 AM report to moderator

i can’t wait hope first 2 are out before christmas {uk} pritty sure they will do the rest in the same format not and personal i am looking forward to see what they cut perticually from half blood prince i though there was lods of stuff miss that is need for the last films

Posted by helenlonergan on September 04, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator

I want these! But I’m sure my parents won’t agree I need more than one edition…

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on September 04, 2009, 07:29 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

that is so Cool!!!!!!!!

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on September 05, 2009, 10:53 AM report to moderator
Potter-harry-fawkes-5000753_thumb

That would be so cool, but it totally reminds me of Lord of the Rings….

Posted by Fire Wings on September 05, 2009, 01:53 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Oooh, extended editions<3. Hope I save up money..

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on September 05, 2009, 01:54 PM report to moderator
Neville_avatar_01_thumb

I’d like to have the exteneded editions :-)

Posted by JaneMarple9 on September 05, 2009, 02:02 PM report to moderator
1204091927_thumb

YAY ! more to love ♥

Posted by Heroine Luna on September 05, 2009, 03:20 PM report to moderator

eeeeeeeeeeee… Idk… maybe I should wait for the “ultimate addition”

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on September 05, 2009, 09:18 PM report to moderator

Dear Santa… I would like one of these please!!! :D

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on September 05, 2009, 09:20 PM report to moderator

um, do we have any word on the price???

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on September 05, 2009, 09:21 PM report to moderator
2640_1106109818241_1391663961_305047_8301715_n_thumb

Thank God!!! I’ve been wanting to watch the extended versions for a long time!

Posted by hrslvr529 on September 06, 2009, 12:59 AM report to moderator

I really hope Warner Bros doesn’t do a Disney and only release these for a short amount of time and then pull them from stock. Like others here I would like to wait until the final, ultimate collectors edition DVDs of all 8 films are released.

Posted by enchantedsocks on September 06, 2009, 01:08 PM report to moderator

Hopefully they will release extended Blu-Rays too.. Should of known as soon as I bought the series on blu-ray they’d come out with extended versions.

Posted by Cody on September 08, 2009, 06:13 AM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

yay! i am excited

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on September 09, 2009, 08:04 PM report to moderator

"Well, you're expelling us, aren't you?" said Ron.[br]Harry looked quickly at Dumbledore.[br]"Not today, Mr. Weasley," said Dumbledore....[br]Snape looked as though Christmas had been cancelled.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014