Extended Edition of Chamber of Secrets on DVD Now Confirmed

Home Video / DVD
September 02, 2009, 04:11 PM

A quick follow today regarding extended editions of the Harry Potter films coming to DVD. Rope of Silicon is now reporting that an extended edition of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets has been rated PG by the Motion Picture Association of America. This follows earlier news that an extended edition of Sorcerer's Stone was finally to be released on DVD. Earlier reports also had word that WB was going to release extended editions of all of the Harry Potter films on DVD very soon, however firm confirmation on an actual release date for these have not yet been released.

Thanks to Rope of Silicon and Matt!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Me_thumb

I’m hoping that the extended editions are really extended, not just a scene or two added to the film…

Posted by alegria35 on September 03, 2009, 03:03 AM report to moderator
090816_mikagryffindor_thumb

Oh my god, that means my second favorite of the films, Prizoner of Azkaban, is next on the list! Pleeeaaasssse let them release an extended cut…

Posted by Mika Maxwell on September 03, 2009, 03:43 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

wow, sounds excellent! Really want to see it!!

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on September 03, 2009, 04:16 AM report to moderator
181535_1649442835222_1211510867_31618841_6686001_n_thumb

NO WAY!!! THAT’S EPICQ

Posted by  HeartbreakDX  on September 03, 2009, 06:49 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

AWESOMENESS!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on September 03, 2009, 07:09 AM report to moderator

sweet!

Posted by Dawna on September 03, 2009, 08:04 AM report to moderator
Hermione-granger_thumb

oooo!!!!!!!!!!! thats sounds so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I going to buy one for sure!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Granger10 on September 03, 2009, 08:27 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows__part_i_58_thumb

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Astha on September 03, 2009, 08:38 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows__part_i_58_thumb

When are they releasing it?? I can’t wait for it. I’ll buy one…

Posted by Astha on September 03, 2009, 08:40 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows__part_i_58_thumb

When are they releasing it?? I can’t wait for it. I’ll buy one…

Posted by Astha on September 03, 2009, 08:42 AM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

I apologize for not remembering who first pointed this out, about a month ago: the words being used by HP/WB executives are “Ultimate” collection and “Extended” collection….its not yet clear if these are one and the same, or two different sets….. In the past, some films have been re-released in multiple versions, “the director’s cut”, the “extended version”, and so on. I don’t expect that to happen but we should recognize it as a possibility

Since we have a release date for HBP, I would guess that these re-releases will become available late spring or early summer 2010 as part of the run up publicity to the release of DH 1.

Posted by budb on September 03, 2009, 09:14 AM report to moderator
Lianne_2_thumb

I hope they’re not just adding the deleted scenes but actual scenes we haven’t seen anywhere else.

Posted by ane_drew on September 03, 2009, 09:23 AM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

I hate this. Why would I want to have two copies of each film? Why not sell the extended editions in the first place! The answer: MOOLA!!

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on September 03, 2009, 10:24 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

very true shellymione. i mean how many people on this very site have said that they already own versions, will buy the extended versions, and then will buy the collectors set?! It’s a tremendous source of money.

I do have to wonder though whether there is also an element of time. Maybe it just takes longer to seem the movie back together once its been edited to bits for the big screen. Even so I hardly think it would take 10 years, which is practically how long its been since the first movie. I do hope its something more than the ABC version. Though its fabulous to watch, there’s a sense of been there, done that.

Posted by lizziebennett on September 03, 2009, 11:06 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Here’s hoping they put some more stuff in that’s true to the books. God, I’m going to have soooo many Harry Potter DVDs/videos!! YAY!! I guess I can’t really complain! :)

...Cho Chang, was the only girl on their team. She was shorter than Harry by about a head, and Harry couldn't help noticing, nervous as he was, that she was extremely pretty. She smiled at Harry as the teams faced each other behind their captains, and he