Extended Edition of Chamber of Secrets on DVD Now Confirmed

Home Video / DVD
September 02, 2009, 04:11 PM

A quick follow today regarding extended editions of the Harry Potter films coming to DVD. Rope of Silicon is now reporting that an extended edition of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets has been rated PG by the Motion Picture Association of America. This follows earlier news that an extended edition of Sorcerer's Stone was finally to be released on DVD. Earlier reports also had word that WB was going to release extended editions of all of the Harry Potter films on DVD very soon, however firm confirmation on an actual release date for these have not yet been released.

Thanks to Rope of Silicon and Matt!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Avi_thumb

I HOPE THEY’RE RELEASED BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!
ohhmyygodd , I am soo happy i’ve got something to look forward too :)

Posted by DesQueJteVois on September 02, 2009, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Www_brickshelf_com_gallery_repoort_mosaics_batsignal_batsignal3_thumb

It’s unfair to wait until fans have bought one version of a film before releasing a more desirable one. I’m going to wait now, to get the last three films, until the extended versions are available. Fans have nothing near the income of the studio executive who play this sorts of games.

Posted by Calamity Jamie on September 02, 2009, 06:37 PM report to moderator
41105_10150254604520192_615620191_14488176_2111077_n_thumb

YAY!

Posted by placebowiz on September 02, 2009, 06:38 PM report to moderator

I wonder if the new DVDs/BLU RAYS will have both versions of the film in the set together? You know, by using seamless branching like other DVDs use for different cuts of films (for example: the Alien films, the rated/unrated versions of many DVDs these days, the lmited Edition versions of Lord of the Rings, etc).

Posted by scallenger on September 02, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0183_thumb

I can’t wait to get them.

Posted by LulubelleI {WBM} on September 02, 2009, 07:13 PM report to moderator
Hbp_movie_thumb

I’m so torn I want the extended version instant gratification, but I know I’ll regret it when the shiny new, all seven amazing fantastic never before seen filled, documentary stuffed insanity that will be the deluxe set.

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on September 02, 2009, 07:20 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

cool i cant wait!!!!

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on September 02, 2009, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Noavatar-normal_thumb

sweet

Posted by stregs12 on September 02, 2009, 08:32 PM report to moderator
14202936_thumb

since i own like 3 sets of the books, it makes since that i am going to own a couple copies of the movie too, but still… i spend so much money on harry potter stuff…

Posted by littlefurlo3 on September 02, 2009, 08:47 PM report to moderator

They had it listed on Amazon a while back…

Posted by ✿ diablitaroja ✿ {WBM} on September 02, 2009, 10:30 PM report to moderator
Lexi_dumbledore_harry_wands_thumb

I will probably wait until they all come out before buying them. I still only own SS & CoS on VHS, though, so I could get these two when they come out without feeling guilty of wasting money, right?

Posted by Lexi*the*Auror on September 02, 2009, 11:02 PM report to moderator
Rob2_thumb

AHHH YES!!!

Posted by HermyGrnger on September 03, 2009, 12:14 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot wait for these to be released. For ages I have imagined the opportunities that being able to view the deleted scenes, as integrated in the original film, would bring!

Posted by Kirk on September 03, 2009, 12:18 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

argh,I guess I’ll wait for them to release a box set— I can’t afford to keep buying all these! But then again, I say that now. As soon as we find out what specifically is in the extended scenes I’m sure I’ll buy them ^^;

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on September 03, 2009, 12:54 AM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

Oh, I really hope they release extended versions of all of them. I love watching the longer versions of the first two on ABC Family, and would love to see the deleted scenes in GOF and OP and HBP. I remember the kids talked about how much fun it was to film the DADA boggart scene with Lupin and Snape, but the things they talked about were mostly absent in the film.

I hadn’t heard they filmed more of the ministry stuff for OP. I hope so. And I hope there are more scenes with Kreacher. What they showed was good, but not enough.

Posted by Eeyore on September 03, 2009, 01:54 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

[Snape] was blasting rosebushes apart, his expression most ill-natured. Squeals issued from many of the bushes, and dark shapes emerged from them.[br]"Ten points from Ravenclaw, Fawcett!" Snape snarled as a girl ran past him. "And ten points from Hufflepu