Extended Edition of Chamber of Secrets on DVD Now Confirmed

Home Video / DVD
September 02, 2009, 04:11 PM

A quick follow today regarding extended editions of the Harry Potter films coming to DVD. Rope of Silicon is now reporting that an extended edition of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets has been rated PG by the Motion Picture Association of America. This follows earlier news that an extended edition of Sorcerer's Stone was finally to be released on DVD. Earlier reports also had word that WB was going to release extended editions of all of the Harry Potter films on DVD very soon, however firm confirmation on an actual release date for these have not yet been released.

Thanks to Rope of Silicon and Matt!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

I am going to get this. Doesn’t matter that at the end I have various sets of the regular or Blue Ray/HD. I can’t wait until this one comes out. Hopefully at the end all of them will be extended versions. Love watching them on ABC Family but trying to record them in their extended versions is a nightmare when trying not to record the commercials.

Posted by beewell on September 02, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Malfoy_avatar_thumb

So I should probably start seriously considering that Blu-ray player now, I guess.

Posted by Hydrus on September 02, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Bookandcoffee_thumb

I’m going to wait untill the have all 7 movies out, because they’ll release a super special magical edition of Harry Potter, with never seen before extended scenes and bla bla bla.

Posted by Bookwormjules on September 02, 2009, 05:05 PM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

I am SO excited for this, words can’t even begin to describe it! We have no channels that airs the extended versions here in Norway such as ABC Family does in the US, so I’m just over the top with excitement! :D

Posted by Kissa on September 02, 2009, 05:08 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I totally agree with hpfan20{ROAR}. I’m just going to wait until they have a whole set out, that way I won’t have mulitple DVDs… although that’d be nice. But money doesn’t grow on trees…

Posted by Christine on September 02, 2009, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I would eally like the extended DVD’s with deleted scenes on them, but would prefer to get all the movies in a set, instead of buying them piece-meal.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on September 02, 2009, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

That’s cool! I think I’m going to wait though to buy the extended editions of the movies until they are all out… so I can buy some kind of collector’s set since I know they are going to make one. lol :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 02, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator
The_master_close_up_thumb

I fear to look but I cannot turn away from buying them. Guess I’ll need to get a Blu-Ray player too.

Posted by vespasian68967 on September 02, 2009, 05:22 PM report to moderator
Draco_bathroom_thumb

EFF. NO WAY!

Posted by ϟNearlyHeadlessNicoleϟ {ROAR} [Plushie] on September 02, 2009, 05:24 PM report to moderator

Cant wait, guna get all of them

Posted by madman1277 on September 02, 2009, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Snape_vs__sirius_normal_thumb

Yes! I’m looking forward to seeing this. It kind of makes me sorry that I (finally) completed my DVD collection this year. If I’d waited, then I wouldn’t have to feel strange about buying two editions of the same movie…but I have to be honest with myself and say that there’s a good chance I’ll buy the extendeds, anyway.

Posted by Lunabelle7 on September 02, 2009, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Yay, I love, love, love the first and second movies so this is really good news! =D

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on September 02, 2009, 05:46 PM report to moderator
66071_440073881516_721806516_5709069_6899239_n_thumb

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, I can’t wait for ALL of them to come out.
That will be a happy part of life.

Posted by Sara Weasley on September 02, 2009, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

Oh, I hope it’s sooooooonnn! We’ve waited long enough, WB!

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on September 02, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator

I’m getting it, although I wish they didn’t have to release so many different versions

Posted by Smonocco on September 02, 2009, 06:04 PM report to moderator

Up at the High Table, Dumbledore had swapped his pointed wizard's hat for a flowered bonnet, and was chuckling merrily at a joke Professor Flitwick had just read him.