LeakyNews.com

High Res Artwork, New Chris Columbus In Movie Experience on Ultimate Collections Editions

Home Video / DVD
September 18, 2009, 11:05 AM

Thanks to WB we now have some gorgeous high res artwork of the Ultimate Collector's Editions:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone cover, backcover, complete collection large, super highres
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets cover, backcover, complete collection large, super hr

In addition there are a slew of specific details for each of the disc, notable that the Blu-Ray editions of the two will include (finally) an in-movie experience with director Chris Columbus which is described in the formal release as "An interactive viewer experience where the entire film is examined; includes PiP, Storyboard Comparisons, Still Galleries." Also notable on the Blu-ray are "cast walk-ons, focus points, graphics and more"

The release, here and here, contains the following (and very lengthy) details as follows for Sorcerer's Stone, and then for Chamber of Secret. Again, these will be available here in US on DECEMBER 8TH.
ULTIMATE COLLECTION, SORCERER'S STONE

CHAMBER OF SECRETS
Thanks to WB, and to Matt and Edwin for the links, appreciated!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

I truly hope WB releases these in the UK as well. Doesn’t matter if they’re not released in Finland, but I want to have The Philosopher’s Stone Ultimate Edition, not The Sorcerer’s Stone. I’m not buying anything under the Sorcerer’s Stone title.

Posted by MischiefManaged on September 18, 2009, 12:40 PM report to moderator

goooooooooooooooood

Posted by wing on September 18, 2009, 12:54 PM report to moderator
____73_thumb

goooooooooooooooood

Posted by wing on September 18, 2009, 12:54 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Augh. This is really a test of my patience. They look so good and I want them but I don’t want to be suckered and have a million different DVDs of the same movie. So not fair! They are taking advantage of us and our vulnerability.

I’m sure they will do a box set of all of these when it’s over but I wonder if they’ll do a different edition or just package the same dvds together. If the FINAL edition is just this in a fancy box then the question is do I wait for that container or just buy it now.

Out of curiosity, I wonder what they’ll call the last two movies. Year 7 and Year 7.5? These all have a focus on which school year. That will be interesting to see.

Posted by eiVega on September 18, 2009, 01:27 PM report to moderator
2002_harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_046_thumb

I have to have both!!

Posted by AutumnWizard *ROAR* on September 18, 2009, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

The games and tours sound great! I am weakening!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on September 18, 2009, 01:40 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I am going to wait a few years until they have released the Ultimate ULTIMATE edition with all the DVD’s and extras and all that.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on September 18, 2009, 01:54 PM report to moderator
Hobgoblin13_thumb

WOW this is perfect i neeed a new Philosopher’s stone anyway because my other one’s on video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

Posted by Hobgoblin 13 on September 18, 2009, 02:01 PM report to moderator
20110227_001_thumb

I agree that they should release UK versions too. I want Philosopher’s Stone, not Sorcerer’s!

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on September 18, 2009, 02:09 PM report to moderator

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

HOLY S**T
I HAV TO BUY IT!!!

Posted by lilyluna on September 18, 2009, 02:11 PM report to moderator

Why do they need to put two versions of the films in the package. Most of the world has a copy of the cinema releases of these film. I want so much more from WB and David Heyman when the series comes to an end. Why can’t we have comemarative books for each film, with articles written about that particular film…how they coped with the education and the clash with filming, the experience of the families and how they coped with the sizmic change to their lives, Did Equity threaten to put it’s support because of the pittance they originaly paid the trio. Substance to the meeting of David and Dan that sort of thing, most of all lets see some of the fantastic photos we’ve not seen! Also i think they should do one of those old fashioned ‘school’ photos of the whole cast in costume and in ‘civies’. they could do so much to celebrate this fantastic series and not drip feed it either.

Posted by jain on September 18, 2009, 02:20 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?