High Res Artwork, New Chris Columbus In Movie Experience on Ultimate Collections Editions

Home Video / DVD
September 18, 2009, 11:05 AM

Thanks to WB we now have some gorgeous high res artwork of the Ultimate Collector's Editions:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone cover, backcover, complete collection large, super highres
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets cover, backcover, complete collection large, super hr

In addition there are a slew of specific details for each of the disc, notable that the Blu-Ray editions of the two will include (finally) an in-movie experience with director Chris Columbus which is described in the formal release as "An interactive viewer experience where the entire film is examined; includes PiP, Storyboard Comparisons, Still Galleries." Also notable on the Blu-ray are "cast walk-ons, focus points, graphics and more"

The release, here and here, contains the following (and very lengthy) details as follows for Sorcerer's Stone, and then for Chamber of Secret. Again, these will be available here in US on DECEMBER 8TH.
ULTIMATE COLLECTION, SORCERER'S STONE

• Introduction by Daniel Radcliffe - An introduction to the many special features for the Harry Potter films (new)
  • Creating the World of Harry Potter, Part 1: The Magic Begins: discover the story of how one vision for the Harry Potter films came together out of limitless possibilities to create the visual world we have come to know and love (new)
  • In-Movie Experience with Director Chris Columbus: an interactive viewer experience where the entire film is examined; includes PiP, storyboard comparisons, still galleries (BD exclusive)
  • WB Maximum Movie Mode picture-in-picture programming, cast walk-ons, focus points, graphics and more (BD exclusive)
  • Diagon Alley
  • Tour the Gryffindor Common Room, Harry's Room and the Great Hall - Welcome to the self-guided tour of Hogwarts, home of witches and wizards in training, and take in the sights.
  • Classrooms:
    • Defense against the Dark Arts
    • Spells and Charms
    • Potions
    • Transfiguration
    • Third Floor Corridor
    • Deleted Scenes
  • Sorting Hat
  • Library
    • Gallery of Art & Architecture
    • Hogwarts Yearbook
    • Guide to Ghosts - Discover the many marvelous and mysterious ghosts of Hogwarts.
  • Hogwarts Grounds
    • Quaffle and Bludger: get a lesson from Oliver Wood on how to play Quidditch
    • Tour Hagrid's Hut: welcome to the self-guided tour of Hagrid's Hut, home of Rubeus Hagrid, the Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts, and his faithful companion, Fang.
  • Extra Credit
  • Interview - Capturing the Stone: A Conversation with the Filmmakers: director Chris Columbus, producer David Heyman, screenwriter Steve Kloves and production designer Stuart Craig talk about casting and bringing the novel to life.
  • A Glimpse Into the World of Harry Potter: 2001 International TV Special
  • Deleted scenes
  • Trailers and TV Spots
CHAMBER OF SECRETS
  • In-Movie Experience with director Chris Columbus: an interactive viewer experience where the entire film is examined; includes PiP, storyboard comparisons, still galleries (BD exclusive)
  • Creating the World of Harry Potter, Part 2: Characters: explore how the cast and creative team of directors and designers take the characters' descriptions on the page to the actors' performances on film (new)
  • Screen tests of Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson (new)
  • Deleted scenes
  • Lockhart's Classroom
    • Photo Gallery
    • Certificates: have a look at Gilderoy Lockhart's many achievements.
    • Required Reading: find out what text books you'll need for Lockhart's Defense Against the Dark Arts class
  • Extra Credit
  • Behind Hogwarts
    • A Conversation with J.K. Rowling and Steve Kloves: the author and screenwriter detail how the books are brought to life, and the changes that happen in the process.
    • Dumbledore's Office
    • Build a Scene: building a scene as magnificent as Professor Dumbledore's office takes more than wood, plaster, nails and paint; it takes imagination
    • Tour Dumbledore's Office: welcome to the self-guided tour of Professor Dumbledore's office, one of the most fascinating rooms at Hogwarts
    • Interviews with students, professors and more
      • Students - What would you ask the cast, if you could? Put yourself in the interview chair as the stars answer questions about making the film.
      • Professors and More: enjoy personal moments with the professors and others as they discuss their characters: Prof. Gilderoy Lockhart, Lucius Malfoy, Prof. Pomona Sprout, Molly Weasley, Arthur Weasley, Prof. Albus Dumbledore, Rubeus Hagrid, Prof. Severus Snape, Uncle Vernon Dursley, Aunt Petunia Dursley, Argus Filch, Prof. Minerva McGonagall.
    • Gallery of Production Sketches
    • Activities
      • The Chamber Challenge [Game]
      • Tour the Chamber of Secrets: what are you doing here? This place isn't safe. Begin your journey down the dark corridor for the self-guided tour of the Chamber of Secrets.
      • The Forbidden Forest Challenge [Game]
      • Colin's Darkroom
      • Tour Diagon Alley: welcome to the self-guided tour of Diagon Alley, where you can find all your supplies for the school year. Explore the many shops, such as Flourish & Blotts and the Magical Menagerie.
    • Spellcaster Knowledge Challenge [Game]
    • EA Game Preview
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Revealed: 2002 HBO First Look special
  • Trailers and TV Spots
  • BD-Live with access to worldwide events, special guest participants, community features and more (BD exclusive)
Thanks to WB, and to Matt and Edwin for the links, appreciated!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Wow this looks awesome!

Posted by Lisee_Lu on September 18, 2009, 11:14 AM report to moderator
Hbp_movie_thumb

Very nice, this is definitely going on my Christmas list , I’ve completly given up on waiting for the ultimate, ultimate deluxe, collector’s edition, this is just too much to not buy!

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on September 18, 2009, 11:15 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

SO COOL!! I can’t wait to buy this! I’m really excited about the in-movie experience thing. I wonder if that’s the equivalent of a director’s commentary?

Posted by cghambright on September 18, 2009, 11:17 AM report to moderator

I see that SS extended edition runs for an extra SEVEN minutes and COS runs for an extra THIRTEEN minutes.

Posted by Beazle on September 18, 2009, 11:23 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I must say that as much as I am looking forward to buying these DVD’s to enjoy extended editions of the movies, I am not impressed by the extra features. For the most part, Warner Brothers seems to have regurgitated the original material from the first DVD’s and thrown in maybe one or two things we have not seen yet. It is unfortunate that we are not going to receive content as extensive as that which appeared in the extended editions for Lord of the Rings.

Posted by Kirk on September 18, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Avatarhghbp_thumb

Kirk, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if these “Ultimate Editions” they are releasing now are not the final “Ultimate Edition.” We already know they have heaps of stuff they haven’t shown us and I would expect more when they do a box set after the final film is released on DVD.

I wouldn’t expect anything as extensive as LOTR, Peter Jackson was ahead of the curve as far as extras were concerned back when LOTR and the early Potter films were being filmed, but from the hints David Heyman has given, I really don’t think these are the last word in Potter DVDs and extras.
Posted by mouse68 on September 18, 2009, 11:36 AM report to moderator

Oooh, It looks like they are going to be fantastic.

Posted by angelvoice on September 18, 2009, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_girl_thumb

Awesome!!

Posted by LadySidi on September 18, 2009, 11:52 AM report to moderator

While this is fantastic news, I feel a little used by WB. Why would I buy a collector edition when 2 films are remaining to be released? I feel like once those are ready for DVD release there will be another collectors edition with more stuff on it…..

So thanks, but no thanks. I’ll wait until Deathly Hallows part 2 is released and then see what WB has up their sleeves.

Posted by Gryffindor51 on September 18, 2009, 11:59 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_thumb

I find it kind of weird how the COS DVD has a bonus feature of Evanna’s screen test with Dan. Wouldn’t that fit more with OOTP (assuming, of course, they make an ultimate OOTP DVD)?

Posted by tubaturtle on September 18, 2009, 12:20 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

All these extra goodies are so tempting me to buy the extended editions now… but yeah in the back of my head I hear a little voice saying to just “wait!”. I’d rather buy a whole set of all the movies together along with all the extra features, so I am going to stick to my guns and wait until all the movies are out.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 18, 2009, 12:26 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 18, 2009, 12:28 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 18, 2009, 12:31 PM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

I truly hope WB releases these in the UK as well. Doesn’t matter if they’re not released in Finland, but I want to have The Philosopher’s Stone Ultimate Edition, not The Sorcerer’s Stone. I’m not buying anything under the Sorcerer’s Stone title.

Posted by MischiefManaged on September 18, 2009, 12:36 PM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

Posted by MischiefManaged on September 18, 2009, 12:37 PM report to moderator

It was a mark of the seriousness of the situation that Hermione made no objection to the smashing up of the Transfiguration department.