Harry Potter Collector's Edition DVDs Update; New Harry Potter DVD Game, New iPhone App Coming November

Home Video / DVD
September 17, 2009, 04:41 PM

More big news today regarding Harry Potter DVDs. In addition to the confirmed release date of December 8th for the Half-Blood Prince DVD from earlier today, we now can also confirm our earlier report that the first two collector's editions DVDs will also be released on December 8th. Video Business reports:

"Ultimate Editions of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, priced at $39.92 on DVD and $49.99 on Blu-ray, will each include five hours of special features, theatrical and extended versions of the film, a 48-page photo book and other collectibles. Among the special features will be screen tests, new featurettes with the cast and filmmakers and the first two one-hour installments of a new comprehensive documentary about the making of the movie franchise. Called Creating the World of Harry Potter, the eight-hour documentary will have one hour on each Ultimate Edition. Sorcerer's Stone will contain Creating the World of Harry Potter Part 1: The Magic Begins and Chamber of Secrets will have Part 2: Characters."

UPDATE: Home Media Magazine also points out: "Both DVD and Blu-ray offerings of the ultimate editions will include digital copies, and the Blu-ray versions will include In-Movie Experience modes with director Chris Columbus, which includes picture-in-picture, storyboard comparisons and still galleries, as well as Warner’s Maximum Movie Mode option."

In addition,two new products will be released. Another brand new Harry Potter DVD game will be available in December, as is a second iPhone application (the free HBP one is already released). Quotage:

"The new DVD game, Harry Potter: Wizarding World, will be priced at $24.98 and allow fans to test their potion-making, spell-casting and apparition skills.Warner's Harry Potter Spells iPhone app, which will be on sale at iTunes in November, will turn an iPhone or iPod Touch into a wand, allowing fans to train for 13 spells at Hogwarts and challenge friends to a duel."

Thanks so much James!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

Normal_hp_actors_thumb

Getting all Blu-Ray version’s on the 8th. Getting a Blu-Ray player just for the ocasion.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on September 17, 2009, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Me_and_james_going_to_school_thumb

a reason to buy a new phone to watch HP on the move.

Posted by prof mewthree "squee" on September 17, 2009, 09:44 PM report to moderator

The extended editions sound great! Just wonder how much longer the movies will be. If the extended stuff isn’t all that long, I don’t think I’ll bother, but if it winds up being like the Lord of the Rings extended editions, I’m in.

Posted by infernumflame on September 17, 2009, 10:41 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

The iphone application sounds like F.U.N.. :)

Posted by alegria35 on September 17, 2009, 11:34 PM report to moderator

Everything seems amazing!!! can’t wait but I’ll be waiting for de REALLY ULTIMATE collector’s edition with all 8 films in one set hoping for commentaries and really new extended films, even tho I have each film’s dvd… Also I don’t think here in Mexico they will release these first “Ultimate Editions”

My question is why there is a HBP picture on the CoS booklet? I think that’s a mistake or something, the one in PS seems from the right film… well whatever…

Posted by Hogwartsmallville on September 18, 2009, 12:11 AM report to moderator

I’m definitly gett ing all three. SS & COS on U.E. on Blu-Ray, and HBP on 2disc special edition. no point in gett ing HBP Blu-Ray when I’ll eventully get the U.E. of it in Blu-Ray. Can’t wait. BTW anyone realise thatthere is an 8 part documentary and will be 8 movies, meaning eventually the U.E. will be available in all eight films. Awesome.

Posted by Jamesotherson on September 18, 2009, 12:52 AM report to moderator
Aces_pool_thumb

An eight-hour documentary?! I hate you, WB! You keep tempting me to buy all these re-releases before an all-encompassing boxset comes out.

Posted by Jananae on September 18, 2009, 02:02 AM report to moderator
Hogwartshouses_thumb

I want those DVDs…0.0

Posted by Bellamount on September 18, 2009, 02:26 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

wow, these aren’t as expensive as I was expecting. But… I just finally got the collector’s editions a couple months ago >< How many copies do I need…?
I’m sure I’ll get these too, who am I kidding? :P

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on September 18, 2009, 02:39 AM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

Mmmkay, looks like I’m going to have to buy these on Bluray even though I don’t have a Bluray player yet.. That’ll be a good excuse to visit someone who has a Bluray player and the works. I’m not buying these on DVD if the DVD releases contain something less than the Bluray versions. Though I will definitely buy the regular 2-disk or 3-disk HBP on DVD and wait for the EE of HBP to come out before buying it on Bluray.

Posted by MischiefManaged on September 18, 2009, 05:06 AM report to moderator

good news

Posted by wing on September 18, 2009, 06:26 AM report to moderator
____73_thumb

good news

Posted by wing on September 18, 2009, 06:26 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

He couldn't know that at this very moment, people meeting in secret all over the country were holding up their glasses and saying in hushed voices: "To Harry Potter -- the boy who lived!"