Emma Watson Launches Ethical Fashion Line Due out in February 2010

Watson
September 17, 2009, 12:01 PM

Emma Watson's official website has been updated with the news that the Hermione Granger actress will be collaborating on a fashion line with People Tree, the sustainable and fair trade fashion brand. According to her site and as reported in the Guardian, all proceeds from the line for young people will be donated to People Tree Foundation. Emma Watson said:

"I was excited by the idea of using fashion as a tool to alleviate poverty and knew it was something I could help make a difference with," she said. "I think young people like me are becoming increasingly aware of the humanitarian and environmental issues surrounding fast fashion and want to make good choices but there aren't many options out there."

Emma will be serving as creative advisor on the spring summer line which will be launched in February 2010, and will feature 26 womens and 15 mens styles in addition to small accessories. The People Tree website describes the collection: "Clean and easy to wear - Emma Watson and People Tree have created a cool collection boasting a range of jersey t-shirts, dresses, woven skirts, trousers, shorts and knitwear for both men and women. Bohemian hand embroidered bed throws, recycled sweetie paper jewellery, banana fibre slouchy beanies and head scarves add innovative fashion and home accessories to the collection."
The paper also notes "Much of the range uses organic and fairly traded cotton. The clothes are made entirely by hand by fair trade groups using weaving, knitting and embroidery, helping to create livelihoods for disadvantaged groups in Bangladesh, India and Nepal."

Good Luck Emma!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Always_thumb

That’s great that emma is putting her high celeb status to good use. I hope it makes her fans want to follow in her footsteps. Well done to emma for not wasting being a celeb. Tis Awesome :D

Posted by spiritbound on September 18, 2009, 05:56 AM report to moderator

That’s so awesome!

Posted by Leeann on September 18, 2009, 07:27 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_jun_033_thumb

This is really great!

Posted by **Holly** on September 18, 2009, 09:03 AM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

I’m glad she’s managed to join her love for fashion and a good cause. way to go Emma!

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on September 18, 2009, 09:10 AM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

Great idea, love that Emma’s doing this! Sounds so cool!

Posted by Lisbry on September 18, 2009, 09:17 AM report to moderator

Talk about setting the bar for excellence!

Posted by Jillxoxo on September 18, 2009, 01:12 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I’m really happy Emma is doing this. : )

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on September 18, 2009, 01:41 PM report to moderator
H-r_thumb

Thus, furthering my opinion that Emma Watson is awesome.

Posted by fantasylover12001 on September 18, 2009, 02:00 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

That’s good news. I’m glad she supports fair trade.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 18, 2009, 02:11 PM report to moderator
Darkside_thumb

wow this is wonderful!!!
I hope this turns out to be a huge success!!!

Posted by Esmeralda.ROARღ on September 18, 2009, 07:22 PM report to moderator

"You c-can't!" howled Professor Trelawney, tears streaming down her face from behind her enormous lenses, "you c-can't sack me! I've b-been here sixteen years! H-Hogwarts is m-my h-home!"[br]"It [i]was[/i] your home," said Professor Umbridge...