Emma Watson Launches Ethical Fashion Line Due out in February 2010

Watson
September 17, 2009, 12:01 PM

Emma Watson's official website has been updated with the news that the Hermione Granger actress will be collaborating on a fashion line with People Tree, the sustainable and fair trade fashion brand. According to her site and as reported in the Guardian, all proceeds from the line for young people will be donated to People Tree Foundation. Emma Watson said:

"I was excited by the idea of using fashion as a tool to alleviate poverty and knew it was something I could help make a difference with," she said. "I think young people like me are becoming increasingly aware of the humanitarian and environmental issues surrounding fast fashion and want to make good choices but there aren't many options out there."

Emma will be serving as creative advisor on the spring summer line which will be launched in February 2010, and will feature 26 womens and 15 mens styles in addition to small accessories. The People Tree website describes the collection: "Clean and easy to wear - Emma Watson and People Tree have created a cool collection boasting a range of jersey t-shirts, dresses, woven skirts, trousers, shorts and knitwear for both men and women. Bohemian hand embroidered bed throws, recycled sweetie paper jewellery, banana fibre slouchy beanies and head scarves add innovative fashion and home accessories to the collection."
The paper also notes "Much of the range uses organic and fairly traded cotton. The clothes are made entirely by hand by fair trade groups using weaving, knitting and embroidery, helping to create livelihoods for disadvantaged groups in Bangladesh, India and Nepal."

Good Luck Emma!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

OHMYGOD! I almost just like peed my pants! This is sooooo amazing! I am her number 1 fan and am super psyched!

Posted by weasleymyking on September 17, 2009, 08:32 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Emma is such an amazing person and a talented actress. I think it’s really cool how she’s combined her love of fashion with a charitable cause. It’s not just for personal gain. She’s doing this to HELP people. I really admire that and I will definitely be purchasing something from People Tree. Love this Girl!!

Posted by cghambright on September 17, 2009, 08:44 PM report to moderator
My-school_thumb

I think this is really cool, and a really good thing to do, and i know that this line is going to look great, but i do hope that this line is going to be affordable because, with to many fair trade and organic products, they tend to be expensive, and therefore a luxury item. Which means that for those of use that have small budgets, will still have to go for the regular stuff no matter how much we would like to go green and fair trade!!!

Posted by Cindy Potter on September 17, 2009, 09:24 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

What an excellent idea!

Posted by sgreeter8888 on September 17, 2009, 09:26 PM report to moderator
Me_and_james_going_to_school_thumb

has she done some lines for the men?

Posted by prof mewthree "squee" on September 17, 2009, 09:42 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I admire her commitment to social progress.

Posted by Garden State Geek on September 17, 2009, 09:51 PM report to moderator
Emma_t_thumb

Aww I love her, she’s so cool:]

Posted by Delilah [ROAR] on September 17, 2009, 10:07 PM report to moderator
Emma_t_thumb

Aww I love her, she’s so cool:]

Posted by Delilah [ROAR] on September 17, 2009, 10:08 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

Between school and work, when is she going to have time for this?

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on September 17, 2009, 11:30 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

That is so cool. I cannot wait to see what they look like!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on September 18, 2009, 12:00 AM report to moderator
Lexi_dumbledore_harry_wands_thumb

wow. Emma is really keeping busy. How does she have time for it all?

Posted by Lexi*the*Auror on September 18, 2009, 12:06 AM report to moderator
Lexi_dumbledore_harry_wands_thumb

Hey, this just reminded me of Hermione making all those hats for the House Elves. Another parallel between Emma and her HP character.

Posted by Lexi*the*Auror on September 18, 2009, 12:10 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

nice…

Posted by alegria35 on September 18, 2009, 12:25 AM report to moderator

The clothes for men on people’s tree are exactly what i wear. too bad they don’t ship outside Europe. Swish’N’Flicker:(

Posted by Jamesotherson on September 18, 2009, 12:58 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

well, personally I’ll be happy when boho goes away, but their hearts are in the right place, so more power to them :)

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on September 18, 2009, 02:25 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

It was a Firebolt... Its handle glittered as he picked it up. He could feel it vibrating and let go; it hung in midair, unsupported, at exactly the right height for him to mount it. His eyes moved from the golden registration number at the top of the hand