Harry Potter Theme Park Details Emerge; Park to Open Spring 2010

Fans
September 15, 2009, 10:46 AM

The webcast has begun with new details on the upcoming Wizarding World of Harry Potter starting to emerge. Our own Melissa will have much more very soon, but in the meantime via Twitter account of Jason Garcia from Orlando Sentinel we have so far:
 "One of Harry Potter attractions will be Ollivander's where wand chooses guest."
"
Ride names are exactly as rumored: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Dragon Challenge, Flight of the Hippogriff."
No definitive opening date revealed thus far, still "Spring 2010," with "
Spring 2010 is later than Universal's original goal of Dec. 2009 but ahead June 30, 2010, deadline in its licensing contract w/Warner Bros."
Hogwarts will have "store to sell HP merchandise."
Via HPEF Twiiter:
"Hogwarts Express will be the first thing you see - then Honeydukes
Then you'll get to the Three Broomsticks and the Hog's Head. Across the street will be The Owlery.
RIDE ALERT! Flight of the Hippogriff - Hagrid teaches us to ride!
Quote from Tom (Felton) as he came onto the podcast set: "I'm not usually welcome in the Gryffindor Common Room"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

awsome!!

Posted by The Nerd on September 15, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I am so excited about this. I am getting giddy.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on September 15, 2009, 07:14 PM report to moderator
Iconator_7fc6ab42eb0b453b0c780f0d43151fab_thumb

I can’t wait! I’ll be in orlando in december but I guess I’ll just have to go back in the spring ;P

Posted by AmPere97 on September 15, 2009, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

OMG! It all sounds so cool! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 15, 2009, 07:56 PM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

Honeydukes and Zonkos! thats amazing

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on September 15, 2009, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

SO EXCITED! HOORAY!

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on September 15, 2009, 09:43 PM report to moderator
Mv5bmje0njy5mte2nv5bml5banbnxkftztywnzu4mtk1

i can not wait!!! going to be soo awesome, its looking good : )

Posted by Beckster235 on September 15, 2009, 09:54 PM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

Hahaha,Tom is so cute xD Not welcome…

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on September 16, 2009, 01:14 AM report to moderator
Barty_thumb

cool!

Posted by Bartimeus Crouch on September 16, 2009, 04:15 AM report to moderator
090816_mikagryffindor_thumb

Tom’s quote made me LOL pretty good X3

Posted by Mika Maxwell on September 16, 2009, 05:04 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

Sounds so great!! I hope I’ll be able to go one day…

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on September 16, 2009, 05:05 AM report to moderator

Tom’s quote is cute lol

Posted by Leeann on September 16, 2009, 07:44 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Can’t wait. Have plans to go as soon as it opens. Hopefully I can find someone to go with me since I hate traveling alone and I live in another state.

Posted by beewell on September 16, 2009, 09:03 AM report to moderator

awesome

Posted by madman1277 on September 16, 2009, 09:12 AM report to moderator
My_avatar_thumb

I need to convince my husband that a 9 hour flight from the UK is something he is prepared to do for me!!!

Posted by SnapesSilverDoe on September 16, 2009, 09:35 AM report to moderator

"You try putting up tinsel when Peeves has got the other end and is trying to strangle you with it."