Radcliffe and Watson Included in 2010 Guinness World Records Book

Honors/Awards
Posted by: Edward
September 14, 2009, 10:45 PM

Harry Potter actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) are among the actors included in the 2010 edition of the Guinness World Records Book.  The latest edition of the venerable reference guide includes records for the two actors in categories relating to the continued box office success of the Harry Potter films.  Mr. Radcliffe was named "Highest-Grossing Actor of the Decade," while Miss Watson now holds the record for "Highest Average Box-Office Gross for an Actress."  The press release notes of Radcliffe and Watson:

Harry Potter has cast a spell on millions of fans and created magic for its stars Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson who continue to ride the meteoric success of the film franchise straight to the bank picking up Guinness World Records along the way. Radcliffe is the "Highest-Grossing Actor of the Decade", raking in an average of $558 million per film. Watson, on the other hand, earned the record for "Highest Average Box-Office Gross for an Actress". She has been in six movies that have grossed an average of $753.7 million each.
The inclusion of Radcliffe and Watson follow such other notable additions on the 'Most Powerful' records, including actor Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean) as "Most Powerful Actor" and actress Angelina Jolie (A Mighty Heart) as "Most Powerful Actress."  Guinness World Records 2010 will be released on September 1th and retail for $28.95.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Honors/Awards News

Q3_thumb

Duuuuuue. That’s a helluva lot to be put in there.

Posted by KennedyJames on September 15, 2009, 07:32 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I think I should be added to the Guinness Book for being the most avid HP fan in my (very small) apt building. Surely that qualifies as some sort of record. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS to Dan & Emma.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on September 15, 2009, 08:06 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on September 15, 2009, 08:10 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on September 15, 2009, 08:13 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on September 15, 2009, 08:18 AM report to moderator

wow lots o money, good for them

Posted by madman1277 on September 15, 2009, 08:31 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I thought my comment was sort of funny, but not funny enough to enter it 4 times! Leaky started “dusting” again. Sorry.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on September 15, 2009, 08:37 AM report to moderator
Hbp_movie_thumb

Congrats to Dan and Emma, as always, but you got to feel a little bad for poor,left out , Rupert. But even though good job, awesome book!

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on September 15, 2009, 08:38 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_jun_033_thumb

wow cool

Posted by **Holly** on September 15, 2009, 08:50 AM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

Wow, congratulations to Dan and Emma. That’s really well done, especially thinking of their age. Not too surprising, but still – impressive!
And am I mistaken, but doesn’t Dan’s award have to do with how much money HE makes, while Emma’s award merely states that she’s been in movies that have earned that much on average?

Posted by Lisbry on September 15, 2009, 08:51 AM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

Posted by Lisbry on September 15, 2009, 08:54 AM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

Oops, didn’t mean it to be posted twice – sorry! Don’t know why that happened. .

Posted by Lisbry on September 15, 2009, 08:55 AM report to moderator

Do you guys know the Adventures of the little gaul warrior Asterix?? He s got his Hagrid-like Friend at his side, and one day Obelix moarns "Never will there be a book named THE ADVENTURES OF OBELIX ". That s the same with Ron/Rupert, but regarding his “Fortune”, he will surely never complain. To be fair, everybody here would have given everything to play ANY of the roles in HP, verdad??

Posted by Giant Fairy on September 15, 2009, 08:57 AM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

I agree CandyCane2304…that was really uncalled for, Kephran_thumb. Not a BIT funny. I think it’s an excellent recognition, for Dan and Emma. Rupert was, most likely, just below them. After all, it DID say “Highest Grossing Actor Of the Decade” for Dan, and “HIghest Box Office, for an Actress” for Emma. Dan and Emma BOTH did other “high profile” work, besides Harry Potter. I’m sure that was counted in, as well…..
Congratulations, both Dan and Emma!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on September 15, 2009, 09:18 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

I love all of the HP actors/actresses, glad Dan and Emma got the recognition!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on September 15, 2009, 09:32 AM report to moderator

"You can have a bit of Nosebleed Nougat cheap if you like."[br]"Why's it cheap?" said Ron suspiciously.[br]"Because you'll keep bleeding till you shrivel up, we haven't got an antidote yet," said George...[br]"Cheers," said Ron moodily, pocketing his sche