Attorney for JK Rowling Says Scottish Book is Something to be Completed "Sometime in the Future"

J.K. Rowling
September 13, 2009, 09:11 AM

Last week we heard from author Ian Rankin who gave an update of sorts regarding the long awaited Scottish book or Harry Potter encyclopedia from J.K. Rowling. As noted before, Mr. Rankin said the last time he saw his neighbor and friend, Jo was "was working on her Harry Potter encyclopedia" and "drawing family trees for all the characters, going back generations." Today, the Sunday Mail has more from the attorney for J.K. Rowling who cautions the book is not due for release in the near future. Neil Blair is quoted as saying: "The encyclopaedia simply remains something Ms Rowling would like to complete sometime in the future."

However the tabloid goes on to interview an unnamed "insider" who reportedly said: "Everyone hopes it comes to fruition. "Even though the original Harry fans are now adults the obsession remains and this would be a huge seller."Obviously she is under no pressure and can pick and choose her projects but Harry is more than just another character for her."

The piece then says that in terms of a release for the Scottish book "The timing of the books will be important as the final two Harry Potter films are due out in 2010 and 2011."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

can’t wait!!!!!

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on September 14, 2009, 11:44 AM report to moderator
Untitled_thumb

I’m lookin forward to this so much…for any harry potter fan this is a must to complete a bookshelf. I’m willing to wait for ever because JK Rowling puts so much into her work that i know it would be fantastic.

Posted by TheGriff [ROAR!] on September 14, 2009, 01:03 PM report to moderator

I honestly start bobbing up & down whenever this book is mentioned!!! it’s gonna b sooooo kl 2 hav all the notes on characters and stuff…. but i do think 2020 is too long to wait- some fans will probably have lost interest by then(NOT MEEEEEEEE!!!!) but i think the devoted fans will wait- but they won’t be happy about it….. or at least i won’t b…… :( :)

Posted by hallowowls on September 14, 2009, 05:12 PM report to moderator
Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

it can come out when it comes out. JKR can pick whatever time as long as I get it. it can five years or twenty as long as I can read it. Besides, I want it twice the size of OotP + DH. :)

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on September 14, 2009, 07:15 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

I think that only people who say the correct password at bookstores should be allowed to buy it, and you can find out the password by snooping around that blasted door on Jo’s site. :)

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on September 15, 2009, 03:43 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

The more information included in it the happier I will be, so I guess I will just have to learn to have some patience! But, I still wish it was coming out soon!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on September 15, 2009, 07:45 AM report to moderator
15657683_thumb

How I wish JKR would update her website and let us know herself. I’m tired of hearing what her friend’s cousin’s butcher has to say.

Posted by Cellar Door [*SQUEE!*] on September 15, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Img_7836_thumb

“The original harry potter fans are now adults”
I consider myself an original harry potter fan (I was reading them back in ‘99) but I ain’t no adult. Erm, I am not yet an adult. =D

also, I want to see that encyclopedia soooon D:

Posted by kira902k on September 15, 2009, 09:51 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

i hope it comes out soon when i say soon i mean at least in the next 5 years at most

Posted by Horcruxalej on September 16, 2009, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

I’m quite willing to wait however long for the Scottish book :) It’s going to be awesome

Posted by da_member0808 on September 16, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Darkside_thumb

I want this book to be done right not QUICK. [although I wouldn’t complain if it were ready sometime in the NEAR future]. I am willing to wait! Im so excited!

Posted by Esmeralda.ROARღ on September 18, 2009, 08:46 PM report to moderator
Niagara-falls-rainbow_thumb

If ten twenty years is what it takes, then ten or twenty years is what it takes. Just so long as she herself is satisfied.

Posted by Kiralay (ROAR) on September 18, 2009, 11:10 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

sometime in the future, now that’s not vague or anything! LOL

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on September 19, 2009, 10:03 AM report to moderator
L_9109ce48d9b16291674b205c03cb8e2b_thumb

Holy crap! What if she releases it in the same month as the last Potter film? Wooo, YES for 2011!

Posted by Czechmetz on September 21, 2009, 03:15 PM report to moderator
Me_and_james_going_to_school_thumb

the longer the better as it keeps harry potter alive and in the media. not too long though.

Posted by prof mewthree "squee" on September 21, 2009, 09:51 PM report to moderator

"Dobby has traveled the country for two whole years, sir, trying to find work!" Dobby squeaked. "But Dobby hasn't found work, sir, because Dobby wants paying now!"[br]The house-elves all around the kitchen... all looked away at these words, as though Dobb