Attorney for JK Rowling Says Scottish Book is Something to be Completed "Sometime in the Future"

J.K. Rowling
September 13, 2009, 09:11 AM

Last week we heard from author Ian Rankin who gave an update of sorts regarding the long awaited Scottish book or Harry Potter encyclopedia from J.K. Rowling. As noted before, Mr. Rankin said the last time he saw his neighbor and friend, Jo was "was working on her Harry Potter encyclopedia" and "drawing family trees for all the characters, going back generations." Today, the Sunday Mail has more from the attorney for J.K. Rowling who cautions the book is not due for release in the near future. Neil Blair is quoted as saying: "The encyclopaedia simply remains something Ms Rowling would like to complete sometime in the future."

However the tabloid goes on to interview an unnamed "insider" who reportedly said: "Everyone hopes it comes to fruition. "Even though the original Harry fans are now adults the obsession remains and this would be a huge seller."Obviously she is under no pressure and can pick and choose her projects but Harry is more than just another character for her."

The piece then says that in terms of a release for the Scottish book "The timing of the books will be important as the final two Harry Potter films are due out in 2010 and 2011."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

COOL!!!!!

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on September 13, 2009, 08:58 PM report to moderator

Oooh, I hope it is sooner rather than later…

Posted by Dawna on September 13, 2009, 09:52 PM report to moderator
Christy_thumb

One of the best parts is the anticipation, so I’m willing to wait a while :)

Posted by Parrowing on September 13, 2009, 10:47 PM report to moderator
Siriusblack_thumb

i am adult young adult, at least ;) but i’m still obsessed with Harry Potter!!!!

Posted by Shalanarah on September 13, 2009, 11:41 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

“Everyone hopes it comes to fruition.”… including me!!!!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on September 13, 2009, 11:47 PM report to moderator
090816_mikagryffindor_thumb

I hope she does at least finish it eventually! I would buy a copy immediately, whatever the best, most “special” edition might be, and then maybe even one or two more as gifts for other Potter fans I know!

Posted by Mika Maxwell on September 14, 2009, 01:18 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

well this clears things up— I was wondering if she planned to release it in the past, or was still planning on going for sometime in the future…

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on September 14, 2009, 02:37 AM report to moderator
Ddom_thumb

She should definitely put this book out in 2012 and no later. That would be exactly 3 years before she releases the first in her new series, “Albus Potter and the Dungeon of Dawlish”.

Posted by Dergus Domwobby on September 14, 2009, 02:47 AM report to moderator

soon pleeeaaasssseee!!!! oh my rowling!!!!

Posted by Freya-Storm on September 14, 2009, 04:13 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

can’t wait for the difinitive “Scottish Book”…

Posted by alegria35 on September 14, 2009, 04:31 AM report to moderator
Sany1464_thumb

2012 would be the perfect year for the encyclopedia

Posted by atarigurl05 on September 14, 2009, 07:26 AM report to moderator

I really wish we had a release date but I get that she wants to take her time on it.

Posted by Leeann on September 14, 2009, 07:35 AM report to moderator
Omt1_thumb

I still have hope it will be published (and I’m able to read it) in my lifetime…

OMT

Posted by OldMrToad on September 14, 2009, 08:49 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

I want it to be out a while after the movies are finished, at least.
It’s like an extra, details about the whole series and it makes sense to be after the movies are finished. And besides, as soon as it comes out I won’t have anything to look forward to.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on September 14, 2009, 11:28 AM report to moderator
Aces_pool_thumb

I agree with a lot of people here: I’d LOVE to have The Scottish Book now, but I can certainly wait for it :)

Posted by Jananae on September 14, 2009, 11:32 AM report to moderator

"YOU'RE PATHETIC!" Harry yelled. "JUST BECAUSE THEY MADE A FOOL OF YOU AT SCHOOL YOU WON'T EVEN LISTEN --"[br]"SILENCE! I WILL NOT BE SPOKEN TO LIKE THAT!" Snape shrieked, looking madder than ever.