Attorney for JK Rowling Says Scottish Book is Something to be Completed "Sometime in the Future"

J.K. Rowling
September 13, 2009, 09:11 AM

Last week we heard from author Ian Rankin who gave an update of sorts regarding the long awaited Scottish book or Harry Potter encyclopedia from J.K. Rowling. As noted before, Mr. Rankin said the last time he saw his neighbor and friend, Jo was "was working on her Harry Potter encyclopedia" and "drawing family trees for all the characters, going back generations." Today, the Sunday Mail has more from the attorney for J.K. Rowling who cautions the book is not due for release in the near future. Neil Blair is quoted as saying: "The encyclopaedia simply remains something Ms Rowling would like to complete sometime in the future."

However the tabloid goes on to interview an unnamed "insider" who reportedly said: "Everyone hopes it comes to fruition. "Even though the original Harry fans are now adults the obsession remains and this would be a huge seller."Obviously she is under no pressure and can pick and choose her projects but Harry is more than just another character for her."

The piece then says that in terms of a release for the Scottish book "The timing of the books will be important as the final two Harry Potter films are due out in 2010 and 2011."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

The_master_close_up_thumb

Yes, obsession is a good word. We’d like more please. The sooner the better! :)

Posted by vespasian68967 on September 13, 2009, 09:47 AM report to moderator
07_thumb

this is awesome news i can’t wait, to wait. :D

Posted by Unicorn_Turds on September 13, 2009, 09:48 AM report to moderator

Argh! This is gonna drive me banannas! I don’t care when it comes out. I just wanna know when it will though! And I just want it! I wish I could here something about this from Jo. Nevertheless, I’m excited that she’s working on it and were getting alot of news on it recently! :D

Posted by FGFG on September 13, 2009, 09:56 AM report to moderator
Shell_cottage_thumb

i hope she finishes it sooner than later

Posted by hellomotoCOOP on September 13, 2009, 10:04 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I can wait for this, after DH II comes out, I want a nice wait to look forward to something

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 13, 2009, 10:05 AM report to moderator

i can’t wait until it comes out! it’s going to bee AMAZING!

Posted by johndeeregirl12 on September 13, 2009, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Avatar2_thumb

I hope she puts it out in 4 or 5 years so when we have nothing Hp this will be a big treat! But on the other hand I want this book soooooooooo bad ! It’s gonna be so cool

Posted by weasleygirl101(ROAR) on September 13, 2009, 10:13 AM report to moderator
Buddychrist_thumb

I’m guessing 2011 will be the very earliest we will see this..taking the time to get it done right is the way to do it.

Posted by Triple_S on September 13, 2009, 10:18 AM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

I will wait for it no matter how much.. I’m so happy cause there is another book that we can look forward too.. HP forever!!!

Posted by Petra on September 13, 2009, 10:20 AM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

If we want the book to be all inclusive we must be willing to wait. There is so much unanswered questions. I am willing to wait so that this book will be the best it can be. I know it is hard cause we all are missing Harry so much. It is an ache in our hearts to want more story. I would also love to read something totally different from Ms. J. K. Rowling. I think that would be so awsome!

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on September 13, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

squeeee i love this anticipation for a new jkrowling book!!!

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on September 13, 2009, 10:23 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_jun_033_thumb

awww…hope it’s sooner than later lol

Posted by **Holly** on September 13, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I’ll wait as long as I have to! HP fan for life! :)

Posted by Christine on September 13, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

I would love to have it soon, but I don’t think it shoud be out anytime soon. I want this book to have every single detail of the HP world. There is no way for this to happen if the book is released in 2012. I hoping that she will have the book finished (not released) sometime between 2015 and 2017. That would be 8-10 years after DH was released and even longer since she finished writing the DH. I think this would be plenty of time for her to write the book. I just hope we get the book in our hands by 2020. If it takes longer than that, I will start getting a little impatient. =)

Posted by Miss Freewind on September 13, 2009, 10:29 AM report to moderator

It doesn’t matter how long it takes to come out and I don’t care if I look old to have it, I’m going to have it anyway xD

Posted by humbert0 on September 13, 2009, 10:41 AM report to moderator

Dumbledore reached across to Professor McGonagall's desk, picked up the blood-stained silver sword, and handed it to Harry. Dully, Harry turned it over, the rubies blazing in the firelight. And then he saw the name engraved just below the hilt: [i]Godric