Half-Blood Prince DVD to Contain JK Rowling A Year in the Life Documentary

HBP Film
September 10, 2009, 04:17 AM

More exciting news for fans regarding what will be contained on the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD. In addition to the deleted scenes we first told you about the other day, we can now report that as a bonus fans will receive the special "J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life" documentary special (runtime 47 mins 30 seconds) that was made as the author completed Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the final novel in the Harry Potter series. The British Board of Film Classification also lists additional features such as "Close Up with the Cast" that runs 28 minutes, 32 seconds long, "One Minute Drills," and a short "What's on Your Mind" segment that runs just over 6 minutes. At last report the Half-Blood Prince DVD was to be released in early December. More when we get it, stay tuned!

Thanks Phoenix!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

I can’t wait for this DVD to come out, I’m so excited.

Posted by angelvoice on September 11, 2009, 11:41 PM report to moderator
Untitled_thumb

Cool, looks like the dvd extras are gonna be loads better than ootp. I’m so glad they’re putting a year in the life documentary on! I’ll watch it whenever i need inspiring.

Posted by TheGriff [ROAR!] on September 12, 2009, 04:22 AM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

I’m definitely gonna buy the DVD when it’s out. I don’t have a Bluray player yet, but hopefully by the time all eight films and their Extended Editions are out, I will have moved on to the 21st century (LOL) and will be able to buy the Ultimate Collector’s Edition Box Set (8 EEs and their extras) on Bluray.

Posted by MischiefManaged on September 12, 2009, 12:02 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw06_thumb

all Rowling, all the time!

Posted by fwooper_91 on September 12, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Shell_cottage_thumb

nice bonus feature

Posted by hellomotoCOOP on September 12, 2009, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

This is so awesome. I tried to watch it when it was on TV, but my DVR messed it up and I could not see it all. This is so great.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on September 12, 2009, 06:10 PM report to moderator
27577_1__thumb

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! i can’t wait

Posted by Rowling Stones on September 12, 2009, 07:07 PM report to moderator
H-r_thumb

Yes! I was mad when I missed that special (stupid work), now I have a chance to see it!

Posted by fantasylover12001 on September 13, 2009, 12:27 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

YES, YES, YES!!!! Cool!!! SQUEEEE this is exciting yay, yay, yay!!!!!!!!! PACKED WITH AWESOMENESS!!!!! XD XD XD XD XD.

15657683_thumb

Awesome! I can’t wait to see that documentary, since they never aired it here in Italy.

Posted by Cellar Door [*SQUEE!*] on September 13, 2009, 08:06 AM report to moderator
Hpv16_thumb

That’s nice :) I guess I’ll have to get the special edition this time…

Posted by Mrs.Brisby on September 13, 2009, 09:40 AM report to moderator
B4_1__thumb

wooo!!! i’ve see a year in the life, when it came out in the uk but i’d love to see it again, it’ll be great to own it on dvd :) the other special features wil be really cool as well (y)

Posted by justanargle on September 13, 2009, 12:25 PM report to moderator
B4_1__thumb

Posted by justanargle on September 13, 2009, 12:29 PM report to moderator
Dorks3xl_thumb

Sounds awesome! Can’t wait!

Posted by pixi jo *ROAR* on September 13, 2009, 01:33 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

yayy! i was busy when it was on the tv in uk so only managed 2 see the family tree. but it was goooood :)

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on September 13, 2009, 02:21 PM report to moderator

Many people were staring at her and a few openly laughing and pointing; she had managed to procure a hat shaped like a life-size lion's head, which was perched precariously on her head.[br]"I'm supporting Gryffindor," said Luna, pointing unnecessarily at

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014