Half-Blood Prince DVD to Contain JK Rowling A Year in the Life Documentary

HBP Film
September 10, 2009, 04:17 AM

More exciting news for fans regarding what will be contained on the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD. In addition to the deleted scenes we first told you about the other day, we can now report that as a bonus fans will receive the special "J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life" documentary special (runtime 47 mins 30 seconds) that was made as the author completed Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the final novel in the Harry Potter series. The British Board of Film Classification also lists additional features such as "Close Up with the Cast" that runs 28 minutes, 32 seconds long, "One Minute Drills," and a short "What's on Your Mind" segment that runs just over 6 minutes. At last report the Half-Blood Prince DVD was to be released in early December. More when we get it, stay tuned!

Thanks Phoenix!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

The JK documentary seals the deal! I DVR’ed it when it was on tv, but a local tornado watch in NH overrode the broadcast!

Posted by Dawna on September 10, 2009, 08:29 PM report to moderator
Cute_farm_shelb_and_rew_thumb

Oh my! that sounds wonderful. I’m so excited!

Posted by Cat de la Creme on September 10, 2009, 08:47 PM report to moderator

What with the deleted scenes, theme park sneak peek (I think), and this, I’m just as excited about the extras as I am about getting my hands on the actual movie!

Posted by aj_ellybean on September 10, 2009, 10:38 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_avatar_thumb

Nice, then I can delete that from my TiVo come December! lol

Posted by Professor Cassandra *~WBM~* on September 10, 2009, 10:40 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

yay!! so cool! def gonna get one. :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on September 10, 2009, 11:26 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Yay! I haven’t seen it since it first aired in Canada in 2007. We get to see Jo! :)

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on September 10, 2009, 11:54 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

Can’t wait until the DVD comes out.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on September 11, 2009, 01:11 AM report to moderator
Tshirt_thumb

YEAH! I love interviews with J.K. Rowling! I can’t wait!

Posted by makochibi on September 11, 2009, 01:20 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

wow, that’s a pleasant surprise! I love all the extras that come on the HP dvds!

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on September 11, 2009, 02:11 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

Yes! a dvd!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on September 11, 2009, 08:26 AM report to moderator
Aces_pool_thumb

I hate hearing things like this; this kind of news makes me want to buy the DVD more when I really just want to wait for an all-inclusive box-set to come out :(

Posted by Jananae on September 11, 2009, 11:59 AM report to moderator
Reptile_house_thumb

Was I going to purchase the HBP dvd? Maybe not, would have waited for the extra deluxe post-DH edition. But they got my money now! This is great! The doc was never going to air in Italy, so I’m thrilled to be able to finally see it!!! YAY!

Posted by silviaelisa22 on September 11, 2009, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

that will be amazing

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on September 11, 2009, 03:27 PM report to moderator
L_9109ce48d9b16291674b205c03cb8e2b_thumb

YES! This is such good news! Can’t wait ’till December : )

Posted by Czechmetz on September 11, 2009, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

Great news! I loved this documentary! It was so touching to see Jo crying in the end.

Posted by Tamyris on September 11, 2009, 04:39 PM report to moderator

"Ah, I don' know, Harry," Hagrid sighed suddenly, looking back down at him with a worried expression on his face. "School champion... everythin' seems ter happen ter you, doesn't it?"