Half-Blood Prince DVD to Contain JK Rowling A Year in the Life Documentary

HBP Film
September 10, 2009, 04:17 AM

More exciting news for fans regarding what will be contained on the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD. In addition to the deleted scenes we first told you about the other day, we can now report that as a bonus fans will receive the special "J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life" documentary special (runtime 47 mins 30 seconds) that was made as the author completed Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the final novel in the Harry Potter series. The British Board of Film Classification also lists additional features such as "Close Up with the Cast" that runs 28 minutes, 32 seconds long, "One Minute Drills," and a short "What's on Your Mind" segment that runs just over 6 minutes. At last report the Half-Blood Prince DVD was to be released in early December. More when we get it, stay tuned!

Thanks Phoenix!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

____09291_thumb

I like the sound of this very-very much. But now I have to think how to get my hands on it, living in Ukraine and all!

Posted by ethelnorthbrook {ROAR} on September 10, 2009, 04:29 AM report to moderator
250px-fountain_of_fair_fortune_thumb

YYYYYYEEEEEESSS!!!!! I got to see most of it when it aired in Australia last year but can’t wait to see the whole thing – without parents nagging me to stop watching ridiculous things while the rugby was on….. ugh. But anyway………… SSSSQQQUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEE

Posted by That-Gryffindor-Girl *ROAR* on September 10, 2009, 04:45 AM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

Yay!!! :) I think the documentary was aired in Finland pretty soon after it was aired in the UK, but I never saved it, so it’s fantastic to get to see it again and to have it for my own. My prrrrrrrrrrecious… (Oops, wrong fandom :-D)

Posted by MischiefManaged on September 10, 2009, 04:50 AM report to moderator
Rat_ava_2_thumb

FANTASTIC!!! I’ve been wanting a copy of that forever… =D Yay!

Posted by axlgirl [FTC!] on September 10, 2009, 05:23 AM report to moderator
Testolv_thumb

That’s fantastic!!! :D

Posted by CissyMalfoy on September 10, 2009, 05:29 AM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

This is amazing! Yaay! I’m so gonna get this! Never watched the documentary before!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on September 10, 2009, 05:33 AM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

AWESOME!!can’t wait for the DVD!

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on September 10, 2009, 05:37 AM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

This is the kind of extra DVD’s should always contain.

Posted by ClaireM ~ROAR~ on September 10, 2009, 05:45 AM report to moderator
Dobbyafreeelf_thumb

That is so AWESOME!!! This DVD is gonna be pretty good. I just hope the edition released in Japan is the same as over in the US and UK..

Posted by Promote Elfish Welfare [*SQUEE*] on September 10, 2009, 05:58 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! OMG!!!! I LOVE THAT DOCUMENTARY O NJO!!! AND NOW I CAN HAVE IT ON DVD!!!! this is probably the only time im going to say this…I LOVE YOU WB!!!!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on September 10, 2009, 06:44 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

OMG OMG OMG OMG, no way, NO FLIPPING WAY! I love ‘A Year in the Life’! Now I can watch it all the time? Yay!

Posted by Christine on September 10, 2009, 06:58 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Yey!.. That makes it even more exciting.. can’t wait to have it…Thanks Sue for this news!

Posted by alegria35 on September 10, 2009, 07:08 AM report to moderator
Salazar_slytherin_by_undeadbovine_thumb

can’t wait for the DVD, I’d rather it contained more deleted scenes though:) or more Dumbledore/Snape scenes anyways…got it pre-ordered on amazon.fr :)

Posted by lady_anne on September 10, 2009, 07:14 AM report to moderator

Good. I can free up space on my DVR.

Posted by zoltan42 on September 10, 2009, 07:22 AM report to moderator

Whoa! That dvd’s gonna be packed with awesomeness.

Posted by Leeann on September 10, 2009, 07:29 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"While you can still call home the place where your mother's blood dwells, there you cannot be touched or harmed by Voldemort. He shed her blood, but it lives on in you and her sister. Her blood became your refuge. You need return there only once a year,