Evanna Lynch on the Lovegood House and Deathly Hallows

DH Film
August 09, 2009, 05:21 PM

Thanks to EvannaLynchFans who let us all know they've released their interview with the Luna Lovegood actress, where Evanna gives her thoughts on Half-Blood Prince and notably the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Of interest are Evanna's thoughts on the eccentric Lovegood House in the film, and her desire to see Xenophilius Lovegood in action (played by Rhys Ifans). Quotage:

5- which part of Deathly Hallows are you most excited about seeing turned into film?

"I imagine everyone will say this-the walk through the woods and Platform nine and three quarters. It was such an experience to read, such a catharsis, I remember reading it for the first time and I felt like I could hardly keep up with my own eyes rushing across the pages. It will be so exciting to see how they translate that experience onto film, to see what someone else made of it. And of course the Lovegood house!! I have seen it being made from scratch and been in it and all around it and it is absolutely beautiful, much more vivid and detailed and alive than anything I could ever dream up even while reading the books. I hope they give it good screen time, it truly deserves it. I'm so excited just to see Mr.Lovegood in action. Luna has always been so different and jarring to those around her, it will be so nice to see someone with the same energy and hear his lines, you can't beat the Lovegoods for unpredictability."

Reminder that tomorrow filming this week is set to begin on an indoor set for the big wedding scene for Bill & Fleur that will see many of the cast present (along with dozens and dozens of extras, elaborate tent, music, dancing and more)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Coolio foolios!!!! I do not mean that a disrespectful comment, rather something that rhymes with what I have already said here on this comment. Sounds good. Thhe Forest Again… What a thing that will be on screen.

Posted by Robbie Rowe on August 11, 2009, 06:25 AM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

Aw, I love Evanna Lynch ! It’s so great to have such a fan of the books in the movies !
I’m so excited for this movie, it’s gonna be great !

Mr_bean__thumb

so excited!!!!!!

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on August 11, 2009, 12:00 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

sounds amazing!

Posted by The Nerd on August 11, 2009, 12:01 PM report to moderator
Iheartfredgeorge_thumb

Oh, I love Evanna! :D

Posted by Mera004 on August 11, 2009, 12:36 PM report to moderator
Images_4__thumb

I agree with Evanna Lynch, I think the walk through the woods will be a really good scene in the movie. I just hope they do it justice-I cried when reading that part of the book. Unfortunately we won’t get to see it until part two.

Posted by crazyforSeverus on August 11, 2009, 05:22 PM report to moderator
Sblack_thumb

this is gonna be a great movie!

Posted by Mellzey72 on August 11, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator

I absolutely love Evannah Lynch. And I can’t wait for the scene at her house!!!!!

Posted by sholstom on August 12, 2009, 12:42 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

i want to see the erumpent horn!

Posted by harrygetsme on August 12, 2009, 01:26 AM report to moderator
Dd_thumb

If Evanna is satisfied with the set, it must be great!
And Ravenclaw won the House Cup at last, yippieee :)
But why does it say “indoor set” for the wedding? Wasn’t it outside? The Burrow isn’t big enough anyway. Confusion.

Posted by Flonk on August 12, 2009, 06:12 AM report to moderator
Before_qudditch_thumb

cooooool

Posted by TasyaWeasley on August 12, 2009, 08:25 AM report to moderator
2640_1106109818241_1391663961_305047_8301715_n_thumb

Very awesome! So excited!

Posted by hrslvr529 on August 12, 2009, 12:29 PM report to moderator
Photo_on_2011-03-13_at_16

oh i want to see the friends ceiling SO bad! I know Evanna never be satisfied if it wasn’t there, or if it wasn’t awesome. I want to see the entire house! And i want to see Luna in Malfoy Manor.

Posted by Darth Luna on August 12, 2009, 03:54 PM report to moderator

Go LUNA- oh yeah… go Luna! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 12, 2009, 10:49 PM report to moderator

This is going to be so cool to see how they put it on screen and still remain true to JO

Posted by HGROSS44 on August 13, 2009, 01:44 AM report to moderator

"Divination is one of the most imprecise branches of magic. I shall not conceal from you that I have very little patience with it."