Evanna Lynch on the Lovegood House and Deathly Hallows

DH Film
August 09, 2009, 05:21 PM

Thanks to EvannaLynchFans who let us all know they've released their interview with the Luna Lovegood actress, where Evanna gives her thoughts on Half-Blood Prince and notably the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Of interest are Evanna's thoughts on the eccentric Lovegood House in the film, and her desire to see Xenophilius Lovegood in action (played by Rhys Ifans). Quotage:

5- which part of Deathly Hallows are you most excited about seeing turned into film?

"I imagine everyone will say this-the walk through the woods and Platform nine and three quarters. It was such an experience to read, such a catharsis, I remember reading it for the first time and I felt like I could hardly keep up with my own eyes rushing across the pages. It will be so exciting to see how they translate that experience onto film, to see what someone else made of it. And of course the Lovegood house!! I have seen it being made from scratch and been in it and all around it and it is absolutely beautiful, much more vivid and detailed and alive than anything I could ever dream up even while reading the books. I hope they give it good screen time, it truly deserves it. I'm so excited just to see Mr.Lovegood in action. Luna has always been so different and jarring to those around her, it will be so nice to see someone with the same energy and hear his lines, you can't beat the Lovegoods for unpredictability."

Reminder that tomorrow filming this week is set to begin on an indoor set for the big wedding scene for Bill & Fleur that will see many of the cast present (along with dozens and dozens of extras, elaborate tent, music, dancing and more)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

evanna said exactly what I think! about the forest scene…and the lovegood one!:)

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on August 10, 2009, 08:31 AM report to moderator
Stag_1__thumb

The explosion at the lovegoods should be great, can’t wait.

Posted by doublecore on August 10, 2009, 08:38 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Evanna rocks because, she portrays Luna so well and understands her character. Her interviews are so cool, too and it’s neat that she gets just as excited as the rest of us about the books and their movie adaptations.
The Lovegood house sounds as though it’s going to be awesome. I am so excited for this movie :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on August 10, 2009, 09:44 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Great interview. I am looking forward to seeing those scenes.

Posted by budgie on August 10, 2009, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

WOW! That was a really cool interview!! I love the way Evanna plays Luna.

And I cannot wait for filming to begin tomorrow. Role on the pictures and eye-witness accounts. SQUEEE!! :)

Im super excited to see whats going to happen!!

Posted by impoohnfrenz on August 10, 2009, 10:42 AM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

sigh, I know HBP is out but next year seems such like a long time.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on August 10, 2009, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Hbpofficiallstills102_thumb

Ohh I Love Luna!!! I CAN’T WAIT FOR DH!!

Posted by Harry Potter 4 Ever!! on August 10, 2009, 12:13 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Cool ! Let the countdown begin!!!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on August 10, 2009, 12:25 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Sounds real cool!

Posted by Won_Two on August 10, 2009, 12:32 PM report to moderator

Man, it must be a once in a lifetime thing, to see such a movie being created just like you imagined it from reading. I hate these interviews, they make me want the movie to come out now!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by AndreaB09 on August 10, 2009, 02:12 PM report to moderator
Malfoy_avatar_thumb

She’s right. I bet the set crew had a blast putting the Lovegood house together.
It should be fun seeing it blow apart as well.

Posted by Hydrus on August 10, 2009, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Myleaky_thumb

The LoveGoods House! Oh, am now getting excited for Deathly Hallows (yes, was excited before I thought they would cut Luna’s Home out!)

Posted by PewterWolf on August 10, 2009, 04:11 PM report to moderator
Yuleball29wd_thumb

Evanna is pretty cool :)

Posted by Half-blood Princess on August 10, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Very cool!!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on August 10, 2009, 05:27 PM report to moderator

[Hermione] glanced over at Ron too. "[i]He[/i] doesn't want me to join in."[br]There was no arguing with this, as Ron chose that moment to say loudly, "If Scabbers hadn't just been [i]eaten,[/i] he could have had some of those Fudge Flies. He used to real