Evanna Lynch on the Lovegood House and Deathly Hallows

DH Film
August 09, 2009, 05:21 PM

Thanks to EvannaLynchFans who let us all know they've released their interview with the Luna Lovegood actress, where Evanna gives her thoughts on Half-Blood Prince and notably the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Of interest are Evanna's thoughts on the eccentric Lovegood House in the film, and her desire to see Xenophilius Lovegood in action (played by Rhys Ifans). Quotage:

5- which part of Deathly Hallows are you most excited about seeing turned into film?

"I imagine everyone will say this-the walk through the woods and Platform nine and three quarters. It was such an experience to read, such a catharsis, I remember reading it for the first time and I felt like I could hardly keep up with my own eyes rushing across the pages. It will be so exciting to see how they translate that experience onto film, to see what someone else made of it. And of course the Lovegood house!! I have seen it being made from scratch and been in it and all around it and it is absolutely beautiful, much more vivid and detailed and alive than anything I could ever dream up even while reading the books. I hope they give it good screen time, it truly deserves it. I'm so excited just to see Mr.Lovegood in action. Luna has always been so different and jarring to those around her, it will be so nice to see someone with the same energy and hear his lines, you can't beat the Lovegoods for unpredictability."

Reminder that tomorrow filming this week is set to begin on an indoor set for the big wedding scene for Bill & Fleur that will see many of the cast present (along with dozens and dozens of extras, elaborate tent, music, dancing and more)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Evanna does such a good job in the films so far. Cant wait to see the scenes.

Posted by logger31 on August 09, 2009, 11:57 PM report to moderator

Sounds more and more exciting!

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on August 10, 2009, 12:06 AM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

In a movie-goers perspective, I would think they would ditch the Barney and the Polyjuice Potion part. If they did , it would be cute to have harry and Ginny Dancing together!!! :)

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on August 10, 2009, 12:27 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

it’s gonna be…frickin’ awesome.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on August 10, 2009, 12:52 AM report to moderator

she’s wonderful, I’ve been wanting to know her music tastes for a while and I’m glad we have quite a few things matching up! :D

Posted by κατι【Heart Goes Boom!!】 on August 10, 2009, 01:23 AM report to moderator
Dobbyyoda_thumb

Really looking forward to seeing the Lovegood house on screen.

Posted by bookishgal,OoM3,GS on August 10, 2009, 01:53 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

I am so happy to hear about the Lovegood home— I’m looking forward to that almost as much as the wedding! I can’t wait!

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on August 10, 2009, 02:54 AM report to moderator

that’s my most looked forward scene for DH too!! LOVE LUNA

Posted by lilyluna on August 10, 2009, 04:08 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

It sounds great,can’t wait to see the house!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on August 10, 2009, 05:44 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_ljx6bckvt81qayzvw_thumb
2043 Points

wow looks like this next 2 movies are going to be the bees knees squee

Posted by GinnyRose2004 on August 10, 2009, 05:46 AM report to moderator

She has a perception of Harry Potter that few of us including the writer or director could ever have. I would have loved to see her perception of the love seen between Ginny and Harry would have looked like.

Posted by horas1 on August 10, 2009, 07:02 AM report to moderator

Posted by horas1 on August 10, 2009, 07:03 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

yay evanna! I really want to see the house…Jo’s description was so cool, i wanna live there.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on August 10, 2009, 07:05 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I can’t wait to see the house but I think Evanna will be better at a lovegood than anyone else.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on August 10, 2009, 08:09 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

I think DH may be the most challenging to bring to the screen, and fans have such fixed images in their heads about this very emotional final chapter of the series. The info we have received to date sounds wonderful though, and I do marvel at what talent is out there that can transform JKR’s words into such fantastic visuals. I think we too often take that for granted.

Posted by Lillylove on August 10, 2009, 08:30 AM report to moderator

"After this year, of course, many of you will cease studying with me," Snape went on. "I take only the best into my N.E.W.T. Potions class, which means some of us will certainly be saying good-bye."[br]His eyes rested on Harry and his lip curled...[br]"Bu