New Looks at Artwork for First Two Harry Potter Collector's DVDs; New House Crests Wallpapers

Movies
August 08, 2009, 09:20 AM

Last month, we first told you pre-orders were available for the first two of the new Harry Potter Ultimate Collector's edition DVDS, as seen here and here.  WB has now released their newsletter which contained this new look at the artwork on the boxes for the discs, here. More details on these discs will be released in early September, stay tuned! Also in the newsletter were special new House Crest wallpapers as follows: Hufflepuff :) , Ravenclaw, Gryffindor and Slytherin

Please note: No firm release date for the new DVDS has been released as of yet, but it is likely they will become available near when Half-Blood Prince is released in early December.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

They change the house colours and everything for Ravenclaw, but to be honest it never bothered me so much. You know why because rooks and ravens are actually really smart and problem solving just go on BBC news website I seen it a few days ago they were incredibly smart. So it fits. Ravenclaw [WBM] put it as my wallpaper. I like the new artwork. I like the idea that when all 8 movies are out they’ll have similar covers like these so its so much more evident in the artwork that we’ve watched them grow

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 08, 2009, 11:03 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

wickedly EPIC!!!!!! its gonna be so good!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on August 08, 2009, 11:15 AM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

awesome art work :) I also hope they put deleted scenes back in the movies

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on August 08, 2009, 11:18 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I liked Gryffindor’s crest design, but thought that Ravenclaw’s emblem was an eagle? Maybe the artists at WB haven’t researched the books and just went by the “Raven” in Ravenclaw.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on August 08, 2009, 11:18 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

really cool!

Posted by The Nerd on August 08, 2009, 11:47 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

really cool!

Posted by The Nerd on August 08, 2009, 11:47 AM report to moderator
Jd_thumb

I’m going to wait for all of the movies and DVDs to come out and then by a box set. But I know it’s going to be really expensive…!

Posted by hp_flower {WBM} on August 08, 2009, 11:58 AM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

Those look “Totally Awesome”

Posted by McGiggles92 on August 08, 2009, 12:02 PM report to moderator

Very interesting hopefully these DVD’s and their artwork will be well noticed.

Posted by logger31 on August 08, 2009, 12:58 PM report to moderator
Iheartfredgeorge_thumb

Ooh, cool! Also, I want the Ravenclaw crest wallpaper! :D

Posted by Mera004 on August 08, 2009, 01:07 PM report to moderator
Hpv16_thumb

Hmm, I’m debating wether I should get these new collector’s editions or wait till all 8 movies are released in a box set.. I think my impatience will probably get the better of me! These look really cool.

Posted by Mrs.Brisby on August 08, 2009, 01:23 PM report to moderator

Very nice….

Posted by AndreaB09 on August 08, 2009, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_thumb

yay loving the hufflepuff wallpaper!!

Posted by cellitomato on August 08, 2009, 01:55 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

interesting… very real!

Photo0143_thumb

YAY! New Slytherin crest looks awesome =)

Posted by Nia Black on August 08, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator

The girl beside the window looked up. She had straggly, waist-length, dirty-blond hair, very pale eyebrows, and protuberant eyes that gave her a permanently surprised look.