SpikeTV Scream Award Nominations for Half-Blood Prince Film and Actors

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
August 31, 2009, 08:12 PM

Nominations were announced today for the fourth annual Scream Awards, which honor the "best in sci-fi, fantasy, horror, and comic genres."  The Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film, along with its actors, were nominated in nine categories, picking up nods in a number of traditional and unique categories.  On the film side, the Half-Blood Prince film was recognized in the Best Sequel, Best F/X, and Best Fantasy Movie categories.  A number of actors were also nominated for their respective roles in the film, including Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) for Best Actor in a Fantasy Movie or TV Show, Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) for Best Actress in a Fantasy Movie or TV Show, Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) for Best Supporting Actor, Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) for Best Supporting Actress, and Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) for Best Villain.  Finally, the the "Death Eaters Attack London" scene was nominated in the unique and original Holy **** Scene of the Year category.  The sixth film is up against such other films as Up, Twilight, Coraline, Watchmen, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine in the Best Fantasy Movie category.

Voting is now open for the awards, and runs through October 17th.  Click here to vote for your favorites

The fourth annual Scream Awards are set to be broadcast on October 27th at 10:00pm EST on US cable network SpikeTV.  A taping of the awards ceremony will take place on October 17th at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, California.

Many congratulations to all!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Hpphotoshop_thumb

Everything Harry Potter will be voted by me. xD typical.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 01, 2009, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

yay awesum :):)
evanna lynch is nominated? yay!!! =D

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on September 01, 2009, 04:23 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Awesome! I’m so glad the actors are getting recognized now… especially Helena!! I hope she wins as best villian!! :) I will definitely be voting and hope they all win! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 01, 2009, 04:47 PM report to moderator
Iconator_04e9497c4d2be426fe2888b16a16f53d_thumb

Congrats!!!! I’m so voting for HBP!!!

Posted by RaWr...WeReWoLf on September 01, 2009, 05:05 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

Way to go, congrats!

Hopefully they will win something, I’m going to vote now and I hope others will join me.

Posted by Figment on September 01, 2009, 05:37 PM report to moderator
181535_1649442835222_1211510867_31618841_6686001_n_thumb

EVANNA!!!

Posted by  HeartbreakDX  on September 01, 2009, 05:57 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0183_thumb

they all deserve to win

Posted by LulubelleI {WBM} on September 01, 2009, 06:15 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_m2rela3or11qdoyv4o1_500_thumb

I can’t seem to vote again..

Posted by *ariana_dumbledore* on September 01, 2009, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Totally_awesome_thumb

awesome. they better win something

Posted by PeaceLovePotter[WBM!] on September 01, 2009, 06:41 PM report to moderator
Piercing2_thumb

Wow. nine catagories!!! We did it, yahoo! lets go vote! vote vote vote!!!! vote!!
love you!
xx *

Posted by harrypottergirlll on September 01, 2009, 06:45 PM report to moderator
1204091927_thumb

I’m voting like crazy for Potter on a bunch of different computers rofl / POTTER FTW ! ♥

Posted by Heroine Luna on September 01, 2009, 07:09 PM report to moderator

i hope they all win! but of course they all will

Posted by dobbyis_free on September 01, 2009, 07:14 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts_monty_python_thumb

Everybody needs to vote!!! Twilight is a good story but we can’t let it beat Harry Potter!!!!!!

Posted by nevertickleasleepingdragon on September 01, 2009, 07:16 PM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

I was thinking about maybe voting when I heard my favorite tv show True Blood was nominated, but now that I know HBP is nominated too I will definitely be voting. Unfortunately awards like these that are done by having fans vote are usually not the best measure of true quality or who/what really deserves the awards. I mean for god’s sake Miley Cyrus won the best song from a movie award at the MTV Movie Awards which is voted on by fans despite the fact that she has a horrific voice. Unfortunately with awards like this it usually has zero to do with actual talent or quality which I find very disappointing. For the life of me I will NEVER understand how stuff like that happens, but I really hope HP wins. Twilight is ok, but can’t even come remotely close to comparing with HP. HP is in another level all its own. I’d love to see HBP beat the socks off of Twilight and all of those 12yr old twi-hards that have nothing better to do than sit on the computer and vote for stuff like this 100 times a day.

Posted by bella vita on September 01, 2009, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

awesome! i hope it gets at least one award!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on September 01, 2009, 07:52 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Ah! Bettie Bott's Every Flavor Beans! I was unfortunate enough in my youth to come across a vomit-flavored one, and since then I'm afraid I've rather lost my liking for them -- but I think I'll be safe with a nice toffee, don't you?" He smiled and popped