Agent Confirms Harry Melling Back Again as Dudley Dursley for Deathly Hallows

DH Film
August 30, 2009, 08:57 AM

A minor update today regarding Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Widely expected and previously reported, the Dursleys will indeed seen in the final films with the agents for Harry Melling recently updating his page with word that he will reprise his role once again as Dudley Dursley for Deathly Hallows. This of course follows previous confirmation from Richard Griffiths last year that he would be back as Uncle Vernon, with Fiona Shaw also expected to return as Aunt Petunia.

Thanks to TLC reader Andrea, Matt and SS

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

____73_thumb

ooooooooooooo

Posted by wing on August 30, 2009, 10:11 PM report to moderator
Veiled_avatar_thumb

that’s very exciting.. i always think he did great as dudley dursley :)

Posted by midzy on August 30, 2009, 10:16 PM report to moderator
Hp_-_heros_thumb

Oh yes! This shows they really are going to do the thing properly! Now I’m THAT much more excited. (Which, mind you, seems very hard to be!)

Posted by HazelShadows on August 30, 2009, 10:21 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

The last movie felt odd without the Dursleys. I am glad they are back.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on August 30, 2009, 10:31 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Yay!! I’m so excited!! I love the scene with the Dursleys and Harry. I’m so happy it’s going to be in the movie.

Posted by cghambright on August 30, 2009, 11:06 PM report to moderator
Dobbyafreeelf_thumb

Yay! That’s awesome :) I’m really glad they’re not cutting them out.

Posted by Promote Elfish Welfare [*SQUEE*] on August 31, 2009, 04:21 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

I’m glad they’ll all be back, it would be incomplete without them!!!

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on August 31, 2009, 05:20 AM report to moderator
181535_1649442835222_1211510867_31618841_6686001_n_thumb

Yay! That means Seven Potters. Whoop whoop!

Posted by  HeartbreakDX  on August 31, 2009, 06:24 AM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

I am sooo happy that he is back!!
The worse part on HBP was that there were no Dursleys and the put that scene with the waitress that was soooo totally out of it!!!!
I am glad we will not have any more disasters like that one!!!!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on August 31, 2009, 07:14 AM report to moderator

So glad the are having the Dursley’s. Missed them in HBP. Would have loved to have seen the scene with Dumbledore coming to Privet Drive!

Posted by Dawna on August 31, 2009, 08:00 AM report to moderator
Tiva_thumb

Yay!! One of the few things I didn’t like about HBP was the Dursley’s not being in it.

Posted by Ramona on August 31, 2009, 08:11 AM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

Awesome news! I hope they add the part where he thanks Harry for savin ghis life…

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on August 31, 2009, 08:50 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

This is great news! Couldn’t leave that part out..it would take away from the orignial. Can’t wait!

Posted by beewell on August 31, 2009, 08:53 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That’ll be great

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on August 31, 2009, 09:18 AM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

Funny, I’ve seen HBP some 7 times now (will probably see it again before it leaves the theatres) and even though I never really liked the beginning of it — except for the scene where Dumbledore stands in front of that Divine Magic poster ad — the more I think about it now, the more annoyed I get about the Dursleys and the whole Dumbledore-visiting-Privet-Drive thing not being in it. I’m SO glad they’re not leaving the Dursleys out this time!

Posted by MischiefManaged on August 31, 2009, 10:32 AM report to moderator

They were all supposed to be listening to a Christmas broadcast by Mrs. Weasley's favorite singer, Celestina Warbeck, whose voice was warbling out of the large wooden wireless set. Fleur, who seemed to find Celestina very dull, was talking so loudly in th