Agent Confirms Harry Melling Back Again as Dudley Dursley for Deathly Hallows

DH Film
August 30, 2009, 08:57 AM

A minor update today regarding Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Widely expected and previously reported, the Dursleys will indeed seen in the final films with the agents for Harry Melling recently updating his page with word that he will reprise his role once again as Dudley Dursley for Deathly Hallows. This of course follows previous confirmation from Richard Griffiths last year that he would be back as Uncle Vernon, with Fiona Shaw also expected to return as Aunt Petunia.

Thanks to TLC reader Andrea, Matt and SS

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Bild2_thumb

I’m glad, the Dursleys scenes are always great and funny too. :D

Posted by ClariceCuri on August 30, 2009, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Coooll!! I always liked the Dursley scenes. : D

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on August 30, 2009, 04:31 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I’m so glad that we get to see the Dursley’s again for the last time.. I wish they were in HBP, but at least they are in DH. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on August 30, 2009, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Obviously – he wanted 40 new presents too

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 30, 2009, 06:40 PM report to moderator
090816_mikagryffindor_thumb

Yeah, as much as I hate the Dursley’s, they were a critical point in Harry’s life, not just with his mother’s protection magic, but also with raising him to be a humble child (preventing another, sometimes cruel, James Potter, as it were). I was disappointed not seeing them in HBP, so I’ll be glad to see the handshake between Dudley and Harry in the next film!

Posted by Mika Maxwell on August 30, 2009, 06:57 PM report to moderator

So glad to hear it! After HBP, didn’t know what to expect.

Posted by Jillxoxo on August 30, 2009, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Snarry_thumb

I really respect the producer/director/s for consistantly using the same actors/actresses for the same parts. It just makes the movies flow better and much easier to understand. I’m really relieved that they put in the Dursely’s too. I wonder if they show Harry accidentally crushing the cold cup of tea Dudley left out for him?

Posted by /Sav-vySlasher/ on August 30, 2009, 07:29 PM report to moderator
Hr_hbp_thumb

@JaeliaVerdette I totally agree and was wondering/hoping they’ll include the broken cup – even if nothing further is said about it and just those of us in the know notice it.

@-MischiefManaged- I believe I may have that report. Check your owls.

Posted by RHrSoulmates on August 30, 2009, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Dobby_thumb

im so glad we will see the Dursleys-i was hoping they wouldn’t exclude their scenes!!

Posted by jennluvsharry on August 30, 2009, 08:04 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

good. i hope fiona shaw returns as aunt petunia.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on August 30, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Oh good, I’m glad they’ll be back again. I missed them in the HBP movie!!!

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on August 30, 2009, 08:59 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Oh good, I’m glad they’ll be back again. I missed them in the HBP movie!!!

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on August 30, 2009, 09:00 PM report to moderator
____73_thumb

ooooooooooooo

Posted by wing on August 30, 2009, 10:09 PM report to moderator
____73_thumb

ooooooooooooo

Posted by wing on August 30, 2009, 10:09 PM report to moderator
____73_thumb

ooooooooooooo

Posted by wing on August 30, 2009, 10:09 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-time winner of [i]Witch Weekly[/i]'s Most-Charming-Smile Award -- but I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by [i]smilin