Jason Isaacs on Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: "A Pretty Nasty Fall From Grace"

Isaacs
August 28, 2009, 07:16 PM

Actor Jason Isaacs was a guest today on BBC radio with Mark Kermode Live Five program where he discussed his role as Lucius Malfoy in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. He confirms he has completed filming on Malfoy Manor, and notes he will be back in a month or so to film those dramatic scenes with Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes). In a very reflective interview highlighting his true appreciation of the series by J.K. Rowling, Jason speaks of the humiliation Lucius Malfoy endures in Deathly Hallows, noting the character has his legs cut out beneath him and suffers "a pretty nasty fall from grace," also remarking that Lucius loses his wand. Jason also weighs in on Half-Blood Prince, where he gives his thoughts on the differences that place in the film and script versus the novel involving Harry being frozen on the Astronomy tower.  He also says that the split point of DH is indeed a 'cliffhanger' but declines to reveal the point as all actors are legally bound not to reveal this, as they have signed a confidentially agreement.  You can download and listen to this interview where Jason also discusses his other work in the film "Good" with Viggo Mortensen and more at this link, then on the Friday August 28, right click and save as. Enjoy! Thanks so much Mikey!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Isaacs News

The-moose_thumb

Jason Isaacs is really cool and, he seems so enthusiastic, too. It’s neat that he has read the books. I’m excited for the Malfoy Manor scenes …
I wonder when we’re going to know where the split is though. In some ways I dont feel the need to know but, everyone keeps talking about a cliffhanger so, the excitement & suspense is beginning to get to me :D

Posted by Moose_Starr on August 29, 2009, 09:25 AM report to moderator

i can’t wait!

Posted by ravenclaw_girl42 on August 29, 2009, 09:34 AM report to moderator
Weasleys-da_thumb

I am so glad that he undestands exactly what has become of Mr. Malfoy and from all the interviews I have read re: Harry Potter movies with Mr. Isaacs, he sure gets it! Awesome

Posted by fngw417 on August 29, 2009, 10:19 AM report to moderator
Draco-m_thumb

I just cant wait I just love lucious malfoy Jason is a great actor :3

Posted by ItsLizzyLestrange on August 29, 2009, 10:46 AM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

I love Jason Isaacs! Haven’t had a chance to listen to the interview, but I will!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on August 29, 2009, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

cool!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 29, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot wait to see him again in the next film! He makes for a spectacular Lucius!

Still, I am astounded that Warner Brothers presented them with contracts to sign by which to keep the point of separation between the two films confidential. They certainly wish to keep this information as suppressed as possible, don’t they?

Posted by Kirk on August 29, 2009, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

cool!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 29, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

God I love Jason Isaacs. Every time I hear an interview with him, makes me love him even more.

Posted by ellabellatrix on August 29, 2009, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

He is a perfect Lucius…

Posted by Won_Two on August 29, 2009, 12:23 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I really think Jason is really good at playing Lucius.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on August 29, 2009, 01:32 PM report to moderator
Images_4__thumb

I love Jason Issacs. He makes a PERFECT Lucius Malfoy.

Posted by crazyforSeverus on August 29, 2009, 02:40 PM report to moderator
17935_1098940092804_1805719204_204954_2005155_n_thumb

The spot where they split the dh movies is probably going to drive me nuts.

Posted by VeganZombie911 on August 29, 2009, 03:03 PM report to moderator
17935_1098940092804_1805719204_204954_2005155_n_thumb

And I agree, he really is a good fit.

Posted by VeganZombie911 on August 29, 2009, 03:06 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0183_thumb

I can’t wait!

Posted by LulubelleI {WBM} on August 29, 2009, 03:42 PM report to moderator

"What do we want to be prefects for?" said George, looking revolted at the very idea. "It'd take all the fun out of life."