Muggles Post Photo of Giant Squid on Google Earth, Devils Snare Found in Garden

Humor
August 26, 2009, 07:59 AM

The Muggles have done it again! STV reports today that a search of Google Earth photos has revealed what they are calling a possible sighting of the elusive Loch Ness Monster, otherwise known as the Giant Squid in Lake Hogwarts  ;)

Also, apparently pranksters from Hogwarts may well earn the wrath of Herbology Professor Sprout as the Daily Mail reports that a dangerous Devils Snare has been found in the garden of a Muggle in Emsworth, Hampshire, England. The paper says:

"It remains a mystery as to how the plant, most commonly found in South America, appeared at Mrs Rogers' home in Emsworth, Hampshire. But she speculates it could have been spread by birds dropping seeds.

Mrs Rogers, 75, said: 'It just appeared from nowhere. We noticed it about three or four weeks ago when it was about six inches tall and we've been trying to get it identified.'Now it's about two-and-a-half to three feet high and growing madly.'It's green and has got yellowish flowers that look like trumpets but never open. The other thing about it is it's got green pods that have spines all over them."

According to the Royal Horticultural Society the seed can live dormant underground for years and germinates when the soil is disturbed.A spokesman said: 'Although quite a striking plant, it is as well to be aware that all parts - particularly the seeds - are highly poisonous."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Humor News

@neeshaknowsall
lol! you win one (1) internets
=D

Posted by AceOfSpades713 on August 26, 2009, 01:09 PM report to moderator
Editedladybug_thumb

well…. this explains why at my library the HArry POtter books ere under biography… and nt fictioon..;. hmmm….

Posted by sp00kym00ny~happy looks good on you! :] on August 26, 2009, 01:19 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

The Giant Squid is my bestest buddy!!!! I love him!!!! :D

And I will say, I did not, I repeat, did not steal that Devil’s Snare!!!! :D Although I did see some suspicious looking Slytherins sneaking out of the Herbology greenhouse….Hmmm….

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on August 26, 2009, 01:21 PM report to moderator
Avatar_moose_thumb

Potter people are soooooo cool :)

Posted by pinkmoosely on August 26, 2009, 01:29 PM report to moderator
Scarff_copy_thumb

wowthat pic of nessie is incredible! i’ve no doubt in my mind it could be a giant squid. or a bull shark. i don’t think she’s a plesiosaur.

Posted by weasleyalltheway(rrooaarr!) on August 26, 2009, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Dream_theater__majesty_logo_thumb

haha cool

Posted by chrisbDTM {ROÅR!} on August 26, 2009, 01:38 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Bahahhhaa.

Posted by Christine on August 26, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Dramione_thumb

I like this very much :D. it s’ so funny it put a smile on my face.

Posted by Contessa Shadely (loonie Luna) on August 26, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

I thought the “Loch Ness Monster” was just a large kelpie? Perhaps Newt Scamander was wrong…

Posted by maera-kyrie on August 26, 2009, 02:22 PM report to moderator

Interesting day in the news. lol

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on August 26, 2009, 02:26 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter5pic2_thumb

thats funny

Posted by kyramp on August 26, 2009, 02:42 PM report to moderator
C9651bb469eb9c5e_thumb

Very cool

Posted by hglovesrw {ROAR} on August 26, 2009, 02:50 PM report to moderator
181535_1649442835222_1211510867_31618841_6686001_n_thumb

Boy that made my day, I needed a smile.

Posted by  HeartbreakDX  on August 26, 2009, 03:07 PM report to moderator
Nev1_thumb

I didn’t know that Devil’s Snare was a real plant… humm you learn something new everyday huh?

Posted by Morgaine of Avalon on August 26, 2009, 03:14 PM report to moderator
1393057603281_thumb
22030 Points

mmm…

"...I remembered the most unusual form your Patronus took, when it charged Mr. Malfoy down at your Quidditch match against Ravenclaw. You know, Harry, in a way, you did see your father last night... You found him inside yourself."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014