Deathly Hallows Updates: Seven Potters Scenes Underway, Warwick Davis Confirms "Griphook" Role

DH Film
August 26, 2009, 04:49 PM

For those of us who have Twitter accounts, you will have noticed several mentions of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today. First, Warwick Davis has made a series of fun tweets with fans over the past few weeks (notably Snapes Ipod playlist), and then today confirmed again that in addition to his longtime role as Professor Flickwick, indeed he will be playing "Griphook" the Goblin in Deathly Hallows. Mr. Davis had noted he had been to Leavesden recently, possibly for the interior Shell cottage scenes which rumor had it were due to have been filmed recently.

Also of interest is a cool update from Oliver Phelps who said "Wicked days filming today. I can say I am the first actor in the UK to have a VFX MOVA facial capture scan. Exciting technology." Update: Oliver has now added this description: " MOVA is a system where by using 29 cameras and UV makeup and lighting can get very detailed motions of ones face." While it is unlikely this will be used for a 'Holey" George Weasley ;) multiple reports previously have said use of this technology will be used for the Seven Potters as the actors all will be undergoing scans to have molds made of faces as they Polyjuice into Harry. Exciting and wicked days indeed!

Part One of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released in theaters November 19, 2010, with part two due July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Dobby_thumb

btw, What this is VFX MOVA facial capture scan ;p ?

Posted by Patrykos on August 27, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

You see this is why I got Twitter.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on August 27, 2009, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Dobby_thumb

Thanks but I still dont know what this is, nevermind :P My english low but I learning

Posted by Patrykos on August 27, 2009, 11:32 AM report to moderator
25835_418480946270_510701270_5644104_6971085_n_thumb

Can’t wait for the new movie to come out.

Posted by Santiago !!["ROAR"]!! on August 27, 2009, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Cropped_thumb

Interesting news! Thank you for keeping us informed!
Can’t wait for the movies!!!!

Posted by ~ Asi ~ on August 27, 2009, 12:38 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Interesting stuff… Good news about Mr Davis as well…

Posted by Won_Two on August 27, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator
Gryffindor_thumb

I really can’t wait. Plus, I need a Twitter account, now!!

Posted by Lou_Lovegood [ROAR!!!] on August 27, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator
66071_440073881516_721806516_5709069_6899239_n_thumb

Oh man… This is a happy time…

Posted by Sara Weasley on August 27, 2009, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Dobby_thumb

What this is Twitter account ? for what ? and what give ;p ?

Posted by Patrykos on August 27, 2009, 01:46 PM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

Still no word on Jamie Waylett?

Also, I still haven’t seen ANY reference to the casting of Fiona Shaw, Harry Melling and Richard Griffiths…how can the farewell to the Dursley’s possibly be left out?

Posted by budb on August 27, 2009, 01:58 PM report to moderator
Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

I love Warwick Davis’ website! It’s awesome! :D

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on August 27, 2009, 02:01 PM report to moderator
Gatinho_thumb

I CAN totally wait for this movie… After HBP I’m definitely not looking forward to next!
It is good to know that they are having fun filming it, though!
Loved Warwick’s website! :P I want to see Alan Rickman’s playlist, since he told he is going to post there! hehehehe The Snape one is genious!

Posted by Carol Carvalho on August 27, 2009, 02:11 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

The info on these posts was really pretty cool. I wondered how they would show all 7people morphing into Harry. I wonder if that was how they had Ron and Harry change into Crabbe and Goyle as well?

Posted by Fresca ROAR on August 27, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

Love it!! Snape’s playlist makes me laugh!!!

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on August 27, 2009, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_stills_0001_thumb

I like how everyone on here is like “oh I can’t wait for the movie blah blah blah” well i think i can actually wait because once the movies are out thats the end, no more movies which makes me sad.

but on a brighter note, i’m excited that davis is playing griphook as well.

Posted by HPandtheDA007 on August 27, 2009, 02:52 PM report to moderator

"I thought we weren't starting crystal balls until next term," Ron muttered...[br]"Don't complain, this means we've finished palmistry," Harry muttered back. "I was getting sick of her flinching every time she looked at my hands."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014