Deathly Hallows Updates: Seven Potters Scenes Underway, Warwick Davis Confirms "Griphook" Role

DH Film
August 26, 2009, 04:49 PM

For those of us who have Twitter accounts, you will have noticed several mentions of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today. First, Warwick Davis has made a series of fun tweets with fans over the past few weeks (notably Snapes Ipod playlist), and then today confirmed again that in addition to his longtime role as Professor Flickwick, indeed he will be playing "Griphook" the Goblin in Deathly Hallows. Mr. Davis had noted he had been to Leavesden recently, possibly for the interior Shell cottage scenes which rumor had it were due to have been filmed recently.

Also of interest is a cool update from Oliver Phelps who said "Wicked days filming today. I can say I am the first actor in the UK to have a VFX MOVA facial capture scan. Exciting technology." Update: Oliver has now added this description: " MOVA is a system where by using 29 cameras and UV makeup and lighting can get very detailed motions of ones face." While it is unlikely this will be used for a 'Holey" George Weasley ;) multiple reports previously have said use of this technology will be used for the Seven Potters as the actors all will be undergoing scans to have molds made of faces as they Polyjuice into Harry. Exciting and wicked days indeed!

Part One of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released in theaters November 19, 2010, with part two due July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Iconator_4a84e48cd91bc7150c419e167949a783_thumb

It’s nice to read tweets from the actors about filming. I can’t wait!

Posted by cosmo409 on August 26, 2009, 07:26 PM report to moderator
Hbp_movie_thumb

Go DH! I feel like I’m kind of a broken record when it comes to the movies but its true that every time I read a new movie tweet I get anxious

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on August 26, 2009, 07:41 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

SO EXCITING!! OMG!! i can’t wait to see this freakin’ movie!!!!!

Posted by cghambright on August 26, 2009, 07:57 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Absolutely exciting news! The fact that we receive news directly from Twitter is a development that has enriched as a fandom. I cannot wait for actual stills to be released from the movie.

Posted by Kirk on August 26, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator
123107760_thumb

All this news sounds exciting!!! This really makes me so exicited for the movie! I can’t wait til we get closer & start seeing more from the filming! :)

Posted by hpfan88{ROAR} on August 26, 2009, 08:26 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

so what is " VFX MOVA facial capture technology" exactly? and how are they gonna do this? are they gonna have 7 dan radcliffes, or the 7 ppl and their independent bone structure but with harry-like features? am i making sence?

so excited!!!!!!

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on August 26, 2009, 08:34 PM report to moderator
Dobbyyoda_thumb

Cool!

Posted by bookishgal,OoM3,GS on August 26, 2009, 08:47 PM report to moderator
Images_4__thumb

I love Warick Davis and can’t wait for Deathly Hallows! Snape’s Ipod list is awesome.

Posted by crazyforSeverus on August 26, 2009, 08:58 PM report to moderator
Dream_theater__majesty_logo_thumb

awesome

Posted by chrisbDTM {ROÅR!} on August 26, 2009, 09:38 PM report to moderator

Just looked at Warwick’s web page. WOW… I knew he was in a lot of movies, but when I seem them all listed there I am amazed at how many of them there are… and how many I have seen and enjoyed!

Posted by Beowulf on August 26, 2009, 10:20 PM report to moderator
Baby_harry_thumb

Snape’s Playlist = awesome!!!!

Posted by savingharry on August 26, 2009, 10:38 PM report to moderator
Dhrandh_thumb

Yay 7potters

Posted by Mosu on August 26, 2009, 11:28 PM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

George is going to be the hottest one-eared person ever :B

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on August 27, 2009, 12:52 AM report to moderator
Reviconhead_thumb

Warwick Davis, now that guy is amazing. He was Wicket on Star Wars. He single-handedly defeated the Empire. JK. But in the Ewok movies he was pretty darn cool.

Posted by Darth Revan on August 27, 2009, 03:53 AM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

It will hurt me to see holey George if he is Ok with it then what can I say!
Damn I love the Phelps twins!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on August 27, 2009, 05:08 AM report to moderator

"Trying to ruin someone else's life?" said Harry loudly.[br]A few people looked around. Rita Skeeter's eyes widened behind her jeweled spectacles as she saw who had spoken.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014