A Foggy Forbidden Forest at Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park?

Fans
August 22, 2009, 06:28 PM

A quick update this evening regarding progress at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction currently under construction in Florida. The Orlando Sentinel reports that Universal Orlando has filed  more construction notices involving two new companies. Of interest is a company from Finland called "Fogscreen Inc," which as the paper points out is to "provide fog special effects. As the name suggests, the company specializes in creating nebulous, walk-through fog banks -- made out of ultrasonic waves and tap water -- on which images and videos can be projected. (Think the Davy Jones effect near the beginning of Walt Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean ride.)" We are uncertain if this fog effect machine will be used for the spooky Forbidden Forest or as part of the ride through Hogwarts Castle or what this may be used for. As a reminder too, back in April, we learned there is to be a company used to provide fake snow for the theme park in sunny Florida; no word if rain, sleet and hail machines will be brought in for possible Quidditch matches either  ;)

Also Universal will be dealing with a company called Austin 2 Paris Inc, and the notice "says the work is for "automata" -- the plural of automaton, which is a type of robot." Readers will recall of course we've heard several reports previously regarding automated robotic arms and the like as part of the ride through Hogwarts Castle. Construction on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction continues at Universal Orlando, which is scheduled to open Spring, 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Iconator_04e9497c4d2be426fe2888b16a16f53d_thumb

that park is gonna be the best!!!

Posted by RaWr...WeReWoLf on August 25, 2009, 05:15 PM report to moderator

EEEEK!!!!

to try to be there the first week but will be sooooo busy!!! LOL

Posted by Astoria.Greengrass on August 25, 2009, 06:51 PM report to moderator
Snape_avatar_thumb

Well, It all sounds good, but I have to wonder about the size of the place. If its too small it won’t feel real even if all the props are awsome looking. I can’t wait to use the magic wand that will interact with stuff!

Posted by cpt.walker on August 25, 2009, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Good_pic_of_me_thumb

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go there!!!!!!!! I just know I can’t. I’m too poor. I was lucky to see HBP the same weekend it came out.

Posted by fatmermaid on August 26, 2009, 03:50 AM report to moderator
Good_pic_of_me_thumb

I wonder if at the three broomsticks, if they will sell butterbeer!!!!!! I would hope they would!!!!!!!

Posted by fatmermaid on August 26, 2009, 04:29 AM report to moderator
Avatar_moose_thumb

This is going to be such an amazing place but I think I’m going to have to wait a little longer than I’d hoped before I can visit :(

Posted by pinkmoosely on August 26, 2009, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Reviconhead_thumb

My compatriots and I have scheduled a get together at this establishment as soon as possible.

Posted by Darth Revan on August 27, 2009, 02:58 AM report to moderator
1204091927_thumb

can’t wait to go there :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Heroine Luna on August 27, 2009, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts_monty_python_thumb

OMG SOUNDS SO AWESOME! You have no idea how excited I am!!!

Posted by nevertickleasleepingdragon on August 27, 2009, 02:55 PM report to moderator
Lovegood2_thumb

I CAN NOT WAIT! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! YAY!!!!

Posted by Loveforluna on August 27, 2009, 05:50 PM report to moderator
090816_mikagryffindor_thumb

God, I just can’t WAIT to go! Will they really be ready to open by next spring??

Posted by Mika Maxwell on August 27, 2009, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I can’t wait to go! WOOT!

Ranranru_thumb

Thats so cool I wanna go there!

Posted by AppleJuice137 on August 28, 2009, 06:59 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

I can’t wait!!!!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on August 29, 2009, 06:51 PM report to moderator
Dl_10_thumb

this is really awesome i cant wait to go down to florida!! i think my parents r getting annoyed by me telling them every little detail about this park!! im soo excited!!

Posted by GinnyPotter:) on August 30, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator

"What is the difference, Potter, between monkshood and wolfsbane?"[br] At this, Hermione stood up, her hand stretching toward the dungeon ceiling.[br] "I don't know," said Harry quietly. "I think Hermione does, though, why don't you try her?"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014