PotterCast 202: You's and Sue's Views

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
August 21, 2009, 06:05 PM

PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is back from the whirlwind PCLUPINWILLOW Summer Tour and here to bring you the very latest in Harry Potter news, discussion, and fun for our 202nd episode.  Sue's News kicks off the show this week with news on an interview with Harry Potter screenwriter Steve Kloves, the Harry Potter Theme Park in Orlando, Florida, the upcoming Deathly Hallows film, comments by actor Michael Gambon (Dumbledore), and so much more.  Next, we then feature your reactions of the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film with the next series of voicemail reviews.  This brings us to Sue's review of the film and further discussion of the latest Harry Potter film.  The Acting Troop is up next, with part one of two of our latest installment of our Albus Potter and the Founders Fountain.  Finally, the show wraps up with talk of TLC's experience at the Half-Blood Prince film, the summer tour, YouTube plans, LeakyCon 2011 info, and so much more!

As a reminder, the LeakyCon DVD, which will be available to pre-order soon, will also include all wizard rock performances from our conference.  If you like live wizard rock, be sure to reserve your copy of the upcoming LeakyCon Live Album of the wizard rock live shows at our LeakyCon 2009 conference.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

"You's and Sue's Views!"
RT: 92:38

Also, special thanks to our ever-vigilant UStream Mods for monitoring the live PotterCast recordings.

LeakyCon 2011: A Harry Potter Conference in Orlando!
“Harry, A History” Website
Jingle Spells 2
PotterCast Vlogs
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download.

Low-band Direct download.

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Hbp_movie_thumb

Finally more pottercast yay!!! After so long I was scared it would never come back lol, great episode!

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on August 22, 2009, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Good to have Sue back!

Posted by Won_Two on August 22, 2009, 12:23 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Woo I might listen to it in a sec.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on August 22, 2009, 01:22 PM report to moderator

Sue,

For what it’s worth, I had very much the same reaction to the movie as you did.

— Fragesteller
Posted by Fragesteller on August 22, 2009, 02:20 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

YAY! I listened to it twice last night… great episode! Keep up the great work you guys! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on August 22, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_025-copy_thumb

listening to it right now, and wanted to make a comment about the whole “ron’s removed part in the last scene” thing. I wonder if it was partially to set up the dynamics for the next movie- when they’re traveling around and harry and hermione are planning, and ron feels left out and unnecessary, and perhaps that they don’t need or want him there- the whole horcrux temptation thing. the ending bothered me, too, but when the third time i saw the movie, i wondering if maybe this is what they were doing…

Posted by Rinny on August 22, 2009, 07:33 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

Ughhh, it won’t go on my iPod. Oh well, I’ll listen to it with my computer…

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on August 22, 2009, 07:34 PM report to moderator
Ravenclawscarf_thumb

I agree with SUe i was disappointed after we had to wait for the extra time involved a much better production was expected. I admit to reading to book many times but there is some essential pieces missing ! all in all it is a good film unfortunately the plot goes in a different direction.

Posted by Flittwick on August 22, 2009, 07:36 PM report to moderator
Pc240004_thumb

It’s been way too long since a show. So glad it’s back!

Posted by Ana Débora {WBM}! on August 22, 2009, 08:36 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

It’s about time! I thought everyone was taking the summer off :-)

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on August 22, 2009, 10:02 PM report to moderator

Hi Pottercast crew. Thank you for the new show. If you look at the comments here and on facebook I think you will see a trend very polite yet a trend that says thank you for the new show and where have you been. Mugglecast a Podcast that comes out when they want it to has posted more shows this summer then you have and you are still a “weekly”. This has been the same the past few summers so I should have expected it to happen again. Next year you need to look at how many people download the show and how many you see on tour and figure out if you are truly servicing your listeners or your own fun. If the latter that is fine too. I have other Podcasts that take time off but they tell there listeners that they are doing it. Communication would be nice. Now this show was great but I can tell it was recorded a few weeks back. Do you have another one recorded? Will we wait until mid September for the next show just let us know and be honest with us and yourselves. You are the best most adult Potter Podcast on the net. However both with DH, OP movie and HBP movie you on the road right after release those people got great shows but the majority of your listeners had to, not by choice, get there insight from other Podcasts. I know you do this for free and what I am asking of is for you to have less fun so I can have more well hey that is America.

Posted by potter_piper on August 22, 2009, 11:58 PM report to moderator
Avery-vogue_thumb

It’s alright, Melissa, we all know you “pick out of love.” I just made that comment because I thought it was funny that the same pattern happens for every movie. Sue’s really the only person who remains consistent throughout, LOL. But far from making me “hate” her, I think it makes me trust her-she’s really got a sense of what fans really want. She’s like a Movie-Crookshanks. Show the film to Sue and ask, “What do you reckon?” :)

I wonder if it is even possible to make the perfect Potter movie? I mean 1 and 2 were much closer to the books than the later films, and most of us found them less than stellar moviegoing experiences, especially for the casual fan. I’m still holding out hope for 7A and 7B, just because they have so much time and money to spend and I’m interested in the choices they’ll make. But 6 kind of “broke” me in terms of hoping for anything close to what the books had. Perhaps the true function of the movies is to make us love the books even more.

Posted by Averyfan on August 23, 2009, 12:09 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I liked the review with Steve Kloves.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on August 23, 2009, 09:01 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows__part_i_58_thumb

i just listened to it…

Posted by Astha on August 23, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows__part_i_58_thumb

i just listened to it…

Posted by Astha on August 23, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator

"Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive," said Malfoy sarcastically. "Who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting, and bite all at once?"