HBP Box Office Watch: $3.2 million from Imax; $255.5 Million to Date

HBP Film
August 02, 2009, 01:33 PM

For those keeping score at home, the weekend box office totals are in for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Variety reports the film was second this week (behind "Funny People") and took in "$17.7 million at 4,393" venues, making a 19 day total of "$255.5 million.The weekend take included $3.2 million from 166 Imax venues," where Half-Blood Prince opened with the big screen showings this week.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

2865_1127012896097_1250404635_30357756_4615970_n_thumb

wow that’s a lot. Hope it does well. Can’t wait to see the final results.

Posted by got2lovme on August 02, 2009, 06:29 PM report to moderator
Hpwallpap_thumb

I feel like that’s not a lot. Is that a lot? Dude!

Posted by CordyLovesSirius(ROAR!) on August 02, 2009, 07:38 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

Just got back from seeing it in I-max. I’m glad to say that I have supported it 3x’s with money though I have seen it 4x’s.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on August 02, 2009, 07:48 PM report to moderator
Icongeneration_thumb

Is G-Force still ahead or what? I saw that and it was like a mix of transformers and like madagascar or something..

Posted by ♥Andera {Longbottom}♥ on August 02, 2009, 08:23 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Thank goodness G-Force still isn’t in first. I would have expected HBP to make a lot more due to the movie opening in IMAX… oh well, we still have two more movies to go!

Posted by CarinaPotter (ROAR!) on August 02, 2009, 09:02 PM report to moderator
Venture_portraits_10-13-08__7_

We went to see it again today, didn’t get there till right before the movie started because we thought it wouldn’t be busy but boy were we wrong! The theater was packed! I was surprised because we went opening weekend and it wasn’t half full but today, people were sitting all the way up to the front. Can’t wait to see the numbers for this weekend.

Posted by MyLadyMarigold on August 02, 2009, 09:19 PM report to moderator
Avvie_thumb

That’s a lot of money…

Posted by ❤MischiefManaged★☆ROAR☆★ on August 02, 2009, 09:48 PM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

It was excellent in IMAX, even though it was only the first 13 minutes in 3D. I’m surprised, I really would have thought they would have made the last part with the cave scene, inferi and firestorm in 3D, now that would have been rad. I hope the battle of hogwarts is in 3D for DH2.

Posted by PaintTheSky on August 02, 2009, 09:49 PM report to moderator
Iheartfredgeorge_thumb

Yayyyy! I contributed to the IMAX box office! It was awesome! :D

Posted by Mera004 on August 02, 2009, 10:08 PM report to moderator
Gof99_thumb

IMAX was awesome! I too wished there was more 3D. Quidditch and the cave scene would’ve been cool in 3D. I’m kind of disappointed HBP wasn’t #1 this week though. I’m afraid delaying the IMAX release wasn’t a good thing for the #s.

Posted by hpikjdjg on August 02, 2009, 10:15 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_half_blood_prince_1__thumb

Transformers as got it beat..

Posted by chanman on August 02, 2009, 11:29 PM report to moderator

HBP all the way!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Albus Marcos Dumbledore on August 02, 2009, 11:38 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

wow thats incredible!

Posted by KC Nox on August 03, 2009, 12:02 AM report to moderator

Hey Leaky, please give us the international numbers, too. Have just come home with my family of four after seeing it for the 3rd time! Still noticed new details – excellent!

Posted by pottershrink on August 03, 2009, 12:57 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

I haven’t seen any advertising for HBP since it opened originally— not a single tv ad for the IMAX opening or anything. They need to ramp up their ad campaign if they want to get back to first! Oh well though, it’s doing great and they’re already making a profit, so I’m sure they can’t complain.

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on August 03, 2009, 01:56 AM report to moderator

...they heard Sirius tramping past their door towards Buckbeak's room, singing "God Rest Ye, Merry Hippogriffs" at the top of his voice.